Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needsomecoffee

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2008
Seattle
Not related, but love this guy's reaction to a singer who is perhaps the most incredible singer/writer/performer today (oh and Joe is pretty good too):

And here he is reviewing perahps one of the greatest live performances ever:

Last edited:
Reactions: victorvictoria

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007

Apple today announced that it is hosting an event called "Taylor Swift's Eras: The Experience" in order to celebrate Taylor being named the 2023 Apple Music Artist of the Year. Apple at the time said Swift had reached a "new realm of superstardom" in 2023 thanks to the Eras tour and the release of 1989 (Taylor's Version).

Taylor-Swift-2023-Apple-Music-Artist-of-Year.jpg

Apple Music is inviting "Swifties" to attend Taylor Swift Era's: The Experience in New York City on December 8 and December 9. Apple says this will be a celebration of Taylor Swift as Apple Music's 2023 Artist of the Year. Fans will be able to journey through and interact with 10 set pieces that are representative of Swift's 10 eras.

Through a link provided by Apple, Taylor Swift fans in New York can sign up to get tickets to attend, but it says that Swift will not be in attendance. Entries are available through December 2 at 11:00 a.m., and more than 50,000 people appear to have gotten in the queue to sign up for tickets.

Apple says that requesting tickets early will not increase chances for success, indicating a lottery distribution system, and that only registrations received from the Greater New York City area are eligible for selection. New Yorkers will be assigned a set time slot to visit the experience and will need to arrive during that time. It will take approximately 40 minutes to go through the Taylor Swift Experience.

Tickets cannot be bought or sold, and ID checks will make sure that the person named on the ticket is the person entering the venue.

Confirmation emails for those selected to attend will be sent between December 5 and December 6, and a Ticketmaster account is required to register.

Article Link: Apple Music Hosting Taylor Swift Eras Experience in New York Next Week
She's a great business person. I hear she makes music too.

Seriously, Apple dropped the ball here. Why didn't they capture the show using Vision Pro or some high end 360 degree cams and make the full immersive playback part of the experience. They have a relationship with Swift and could be streaming this crap years from now and selling it for much more than AMC or VOD prices.

Reactions: kc9hzn

victorvictoria

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2023
Not related, but love this guy's reaction to a singer who is perhaps the most incredible singer/writer/performer today (oh and Joe is pretty good too):

And here he is reviewing perahps one of the greatest live performances ever:
She can sing alright. And everyone knows Joe Bonamassa can pick! If you like her version of "I would rather go blind," there a couple more just as fine. Of course Etta James (who owns the tune), and Christine McVie, on her early, early album "The Legendary Christine Perfect" (he name before she married John McVie). Worth a listen, if you can find it. The rest of the album is weak, but she tears this tune up!

HongKongRose

Suspended
Dec 2, 2023
I always watch concerts on live streams including YouTube. It's always free and I never have to worry about tickets or traveling. And I won't get my ears blasted with screaming fans and loudspeakers on maximum output.

Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I always watch concerts on live streams including YouTube. It's always free and I never have to worry about tickets or traveling. And I won't get my ears blasted with screaming fans and loudspeakers on maximum output.
As someone who is a fan of her music, I had no interest going to that tour lol. I'll just watch the film when it's on streaming.

ericthered926

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2017
I'm just going to leave this here. Not trying to convince anybody to listen to her, but she's legitimately talented and has a broad variety of music in different genres. Yes she is overexposed, but there's a reason for her popularity and it's not just because people are sheep. Music tastes are subjective. You don't have to like something just because it's popular, but you also shouldn't 💩 on people's music tastes. Here's a couple videos that are maybe a lil different than what the sheep critics (/j) expect from her.

Last edited:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I do agree that lately the media has been out of control about her appearances, especially at Travis Kelce’s games, but I don’t think hating on her is a valid solution.
Isn't this basically what happened during the 2016 elections with Donald Trump all over again? The media reports on Taylor Swift because people in general are thirsty for news surrounding her. The more people click on those news, the more the media outlets want to report on her, for the sake of clicks and views and the resulting ad revenue.

The problem isn't Taylor Swift. The problem is the means by which news outlets monetise (ad revenue). Like they say, system breeds behaviour.

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
She's a great business person. I hear she makes music too.

Seriously, Apple dropped the ball here. Why didn't they capture the show using Vision Pro or some high end 360 degree cams and make the full immersive playback part of the experience. They have a relationship with Swift and could be streaming this crap years from now and selling it for much more than AMC or VOD prices.
Because she had her own team film it and released it in theaters, making more money than she would’ve from Apple.

Highest grossing concert film of all time.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Because she had her own team film it and released it in theaters, making more money than she would’ve from Apple.

Highest grossing concert film of all time.
We’ll I didn’t say that she dropped the ball. But she could’ve made it non-exclusive after an initial release window. After all, 3D and Vision Pro are a lot different than 2D. Some people say Vision Pro is like being there and we know how much more live tickets cost than a movie ticket or VOD stream. One could argue that Apple and Swift left an extra $250 million on the table by not working together. Maybe next time.

Wizard_of_Woz

Suspended
Nov 15, 2023
Disliking something just because it is popular is just as bad as liking something just because it's popular.
Disliking something because it is legitimately terrible makes sense though. You have to understand in 2023, the worst performers, artists, entertainers make the most money. Sign of the times.

• Disagree
Reactions: missingar

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
So … apple is giving you a chance to exprierence what it’s like to be dumped and then have a song written about you.🤪
yeah let me throw up …😭

• Haha
Reactions: kc9hzn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.