Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
How is one thing related to the other? There is no wrong doing unless Apple doing what the industry already did is suddenly wrong doing, they're simply beating everyone else at the industry game.

Also your example doesn't stand even with this view as there no services being denied or being tiered.
There's a business using money to be more attractive to customers and business unable to do the same.
Also businesses like Netflix probably pay more not for bandwidth but for the network reliability.

You're still off track. Look up net neutrality. I'm too tired to give a long explanation.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Just checked Aqours offical website today and notice they have BD selling plan.
And as previous μ's BD did, they includes 7 songs only available for such "limited edition" of BD boxes.
Price? 45000JPY, or 441USD. Same "exclusive" deal. Double the price of "normal edition", and sell those songs with such premium price. If someone ever only want those songs, and pay no attention to BD, what could he choose? Buy seven songs in 400+ bucks?
"Exclusive" hurts who? Customer? Maybe. Hurts artists? Maybe.
I don't like such exclusive because I need to swallow a lot of stuff I have no interest in order to get what I want.
Meanwhile, artists may "have the freedom to distribute their contents" on anywhere they like, true. Let's take a smaller example. Comments posted on macrumors forum could be considered as "exclusive" unless user copy paste them to other forums.
Hmm, perhaps I need to think again how exclusive does, rather than blindly go against exclusive as a whole.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
A couple weeks is no big deal. In general it's all business and it's going to annoy someone. One may have to get, Netflix, HBO, cable, Hulu Plus, then a music service and then another and so on. It's not surprising that even people that would pay for these end up on torrents. (Not condoning, just saying it's not surprising) However it's just entertainment, everything costs money, everything is a monthly service, food, water, power, rent, insurance.

There is just something about any given service and wanting it to do everything. People wish Netflix had everything. If you sign up for music you rather not have to add another one or two to get everything and so forth. Once again, it's just entertainment, we really like it yet it's not the most important thing there is.

I'll even say, of course I wish I could have one steaming service that had every single movie and show and nothing would drop off. That's a dream service that will never exist legally.

Reactions: Shirasaki

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
A couple weeks is no big deal. In general it's all business and it's going to annoy someone. One may have to get, Netflix, HBO, cable, Hulu Plus, then a music service and then another and so on. It's not surprising that even people that would pay for these end up on torrents. (Not condoning, just saying it's not surprising) However it's just entertainment, everything costs money, everything is a monthly service, food, water, power, rent, insurance.

There is just something about any given service and wanting it to do everything. People wish Netflix had everything. If you sign up for music you rather not have to add another one or two to get everything and so forth. Once again, it's just entertainment, we really like it yet it's not the most important thing there is.

I'll even say, of course I wish I could have one steaming service that had every single movie and show and nothing would drop off. That's a dream service that will never exist legally.

Agreed. Even though cutting the cable cord has been awesome, one thing that's going to happen is that we're gonna have multiple services and logins to watch what we want. Everything is exclusive or heading it that direction. In 20 years you could end up with like 25 different content providers, all with a few select popular shows or whatever. Might be a complete pain in the arse.

Then, let's hope hardware doesn't go in the same direction where certain apps or services are only available on XXXXX platform or whatever. Ehhhh. Ugh.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Agreed. Even though cutting the cable cord has been awesome, one thing that's going to happen is that we're gonna have multiple services and logins to watch what we want. Everything is exclusive or heading it that direction. In 20 years you could end up with like 25 different content providers, all with a few select popular shows or whatever. Might be a complete pain in the arse.

Then, let's hope hardware doesn't go in the same direction where certain apps or services are only available on XXXXX platform or whatever. Ehhhh. Ugh.
And we end up needing to buy more than 30 types of boxes to watch each channel we like. What? Not the case right now? Who knows.

Rob_2811

Suspended
Mar 18, 2016
United Kingdom
Part of the appeal of Spotify over other music services for me is the wide availability of the service. I can use it on my phone, my Mac via desktop app or web player, its available on loads of different set top boxes, I use Roku but its available for Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast etc.

Beyond the token Android app you just don't see Apple Music ever having that kind of wide availability.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
its because of Apple's eco system.... u do see Apple music on Android and Sonos, but Apple's not the type of company to make it easier on anyone. Licensing prevails.

Rob_2811

Suspended
Mar 18, 2016
United Kingdom
its because of Apple's eco system.... u do see Apple music on Android and Sonos, but Apple's not the type of company to make it easier on anyone. Licensing prevails.

I get that it just seems like a bit of a half hearted effort at opening the service up to other platforms. No web player ffs..!

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012

There was a short time I was thinking many could just cut the cable and then once all these services starting showing up I understood why some may just want cable and internet. Bundles are a better deal and having to get internet plus a dozen services is not going to save any money. Sure the internet has everything at least in an unofficial way. When people go the normal official way they might as well keep cable and have most of their shows in one place.

It's not going to work too well if we will need over a dozen different services, just too much to keep up and track of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.