Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanster

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
Amsterdam
Maybe its just me but this has to be Beatles/McCartney announcement tomorrow....

"Another Day" is a song recorded by Paul McCartney in New York in 1970, during the sessions for his album Ram. Although it was the first single of McCartney's solo career,"Another Day" was actually written and previewed during The Beatles' Let It Be Sessions in 1969.

Everyday she take a morning bath she wets her hair
Wraps a tower around her as she's heading for the bedroom chair
Its just another day

Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes
Dipping in the pocket of her raincoat
Its just another day

At the office where the papers grow she takes a break
Drinks another coffee and she finds it hard to stay awake
Its just another day
Its just another day
Its just another day

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Knew it. I'm telling you (again). 90 Second song previews.

Apple said:
Tomorrow is just another day.
That you'll never forget.

Check back here tomorrow for an exciting announcement from iTunes.

I'll never forget the day 90 second previews come to iTunes...

It'll be right up there with Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon, John Lennon's murder, the falling of the Berlin Wall and 9/11. :rolleyes:

Mochi Hana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
I'll never forget the day 90 second previews come to iTunes...

It'll be right up there with Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon, John Lennon's murder, the falling of the Berlin Wall and 9/11. :rolleyes:
Me neither, this will be such a groundbreaking event! I'm so excited! :D:rolleyes:

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
lol, if its truly just about iOS 4.2 or 90 Seconds preview, I think the announcement on the page wasn't worth it..

karnsculpture

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2006
London, UK
Given the different world clocks that are showing, and considering that the cities concerned are arguably the rock music capitals of the world, are we at long last going to be able to buy iTunes content from any store worldwide?

Ryuichi Sakamoto was the first artist to sign a worldwide iTunes distribution deal - at present though his catalogue and live shows are available in different combinations in different iTunes stores. The crazy thing is, in Japan you can buy less of his studio albums than in the UK, but over there you can get his UK and US live recordings that we can't buy!

That's just one example. Making music only available in certain territories is crazy - it just encourages grey market importing of CDs and even worse online sharing. Shakira has a new album out now in some countries, but it isn't released in the UK until after her tour. Why? I guess the company wants a high chart entry and is delaying until she's over here to do some TV. Why not just have the music on sale legally now and then have a sales peak when she comes to promote it! Not releasing the CD or having a legal download is just encouraging piracy because fan's won't wait.

Rant over.

Please Apple let me legally buy music from any worldwide store (well OK, the UK, US and Japan will do to start).

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
So the music execs denied any knowledge of it, and why should that surprise us? Even if one of them anonymously acknowledged it, Steve would be furious and deals might get undone. So nobody talks until tomorrow.

It's possible.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
I never understood why adding the Beatles to iTunes is a big deal... it's not like Beatles fans haven't already ripped their Beatles CD's and loaded the songs into iTunes.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
None of the phrases in the announcement are the titles of Beatles songs. Tomorrow is not a Beatles song. Tomorrow Never Knows is. Another day is not a Beatles song. A Day in the Life is.

So, if it's meant to tease a Beatles announcement, it's not particularly effective.

Now, that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they're going to announce, but I don't see any significant clues in the text that bring me to that conclusion. Besides, Beatles on iTunes will be a big enough deal that it'll probably warrant an event type announcement, not something streaming on the Apple site. Remember, Apple and Apple Music have a long standing adversarial relationship. Finally putting that to rest would be BIG news. Bigger than "we put a graphic on our Web site to announce it" news IMO.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
The second one is a Beatles song, but that's not on the front page of Apple.com.

Just Another day is not a Beatles song, that is on the teaser image.

Hmmm, you are right about that I hope it is more than just Beatles. Not that I am saying I hate Beatles, I just never got into Beatles even though my parents like Beatles.

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
My guess is this is about Ping finally getting integrated with Facebook. It wasn't too long ago Ping was integrated with Twitter.

I could really care less about this announcement if this is all that it is.

SQUIJIT

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Out of all this speculation, I'm really really hoping it's none of the supposed rumours.. Because they all sound very forgettable. However, the iTunes cloud may be interesting.

Cheers to hoping for an actual surprise!

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
Probably The Beatles on iTunes. Anything like cloud or streaming would require an event, most likely.

You may be right, but given that most Beatles fans would probably already have the CDs, and most non-Beatles fans could care less, I'm not sure that counts as a "day you'll never forget."

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
What I'd LIKE it to be is apps on AppleTV under iOS 4.2. I don't believe that's what it will be, but I'd like to think that's what it is.

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
Probably The Beatles on iTunes. Anything like cloud or streaming would require an event, most likely.

Beatles on iTunes music store would be a complete non-event.. even less exciting than 90-second iTunes preview.

Are there really people are out there in 2010 saying "Gee, if only there was a way to get MP3 of those old Beatles songs.. why oh why can't I buy them from Apple" ?

Beatles and their greed have "negotiated" themselves into irrelevance in the digital music age.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I wouldn't be surprised since generally infrastructure isn't ready for heavy use of 'the cloud', such as iTunes. Infrastructure needs to improve and costs reduced for the average consumer.

Maybe Apps come to AppleTV?

griz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
New London, NH
The ability to buy online songs and stream them doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Wouldn't they have acquired the contractual rights to the online storage model when they bought Lala?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Are there really people are out there in 2010 saying "Gee, if only there was a way to get MP3 of those old Beatles songs.. why oh why can't I buy them from Apple" ?

I hope people aren't waiting to buy MP3s from Apple, because it'll never happen.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Beatles on iTunes music store would be a complete non-event.. even less exciting than 90-second iTunes preview.

Beatles and their greed have "negotiated" themselves into irrelevance in the digital music age.

I completely disagree, as I outlined earlier in the thread. The reason Beatles on iTunes would be a BIG deal is due to the context. Apple and Apple Music have a long adversarial history. If The Beatles make it to iTunes that will indicate the end of a decades long dispute between the two companies. It may not be a monumental event for the average Apple customer, but it would be a gargantuan event for Apple itself and Apple Music. Plus, if you think that The Beatles are irrelevant in the digital or any other realm you're dead wrong. The Beatles are still arguably the most popular rock band of all time and there's no doubt that their catalogue would quickly become the fastest and best selling files on the entire iTunes music store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.