Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
ok so ...starting to regret

Product:
iPod nano
Serial Number:
XXXXXXXXXXX
Repair ID:
XXXXXXXXX
Service Requested:
November 16, 2011
Product replacement pending

how long is this going to take? my dear little nephew keeps asking me why I took his iPod and won't give it back.

tautogcrabtuna

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
I Got Mine!! Or getting mine!

I sent out the request on Feb. 5th, 2012. Got the return package two days later, and brought it to a FedEX store.

Step 1 Request
February 11, 2012: Product received
Step 2 Service
February 11, 2012: Issue identified
Step 3 Return
March 14, 2012: Replacement Product Shipped

Estimated arrival time is 2 days. So I Will be receiving mine on Friday around 4:30pm!! So EXCITED!!!

Last edited:

Button Pusher

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
I must have missed my email but saw this replacement program for the 1st gen iPod Nano on here. The iPod Nano I gave our daughter way back when does qualify for this. Anxious to see what they are still replacing the 1st Gens with. Patiently waiting on the return box now.

aaalexxx

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
Does anyone have a guess on how long the replacement program might continue? Are there any experiences regarding Apple replacement programs? I'm asking because I've somehow managed to lose my 1st Gen. iPod Nano in my appartment. Depending on how much time I have left I'd have to increase my efforts :D

acro

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2010
Great!

Got my new iPod Nano couple of months ago. Replaces the 1st gen. 4Gb. for a 4th gen. 8Gb. Way to go!

My 1st gen was in terrible state.... Had replaced the display but was not able to get the back lit back on properly. Ducked taped the whole thing together (without the back plate) and send it on it's way to Apple. No problems, got a new one in the mail couple weeks later.

Great service, which however is not always the case with Apple.

Cheers!

Rd

scottishwildcat

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
Does anyone have a guess on how long the replacement program might continue?
I've never known an Apple replacement program last less than a year, so you probably have until at least November.

Only thing that might put a spanner in the works is if they're planning to drop the iPod Nano altogether at their expected iPhone/iPod event later this year (October?), so they'd eventually run out of new ones to send out. Even then, they'd probably have enough surplus/refurbs to get through November, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.