Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Hi, all.
I posted a few days ago about a battery problem.
Basically, my MBP was putting itself to sleep even though the battery showed a 30-40% charge.
I reset the MBP's PRAM and power management and recalibrated the battery and still had the same problem.
When I checked the battery's capacity, it bounced between around 5000 and 3000. The change seemed random.
Anyway, I called Apple thinking they should send me a new battery, and they offered me the option of getting a new computer! :confused:
The guy said it sounded like a problem they might want to look into, so once I sent mine back in, they would send me a brand new replacement.
It seems overkill, but I took him up on it as I've been having other assorted little problems with it. The kernel panics I was getting when I first got the machine seem to have cleared up, but the screen is uneven, the RAM door is messed up from an overly tight screw, it doesn't seem quite as stable as my old ibook and imac (beach balls and programs that quit occasionally)... I figured, "what the hell?"
They also offered me the option of just getting a new battery. The thing with that is that if it didn't solve the problem, I would have to send it in for repair. I'd rather get a replacement machine that's a later build and have to reinstall all of my apps and such than risk a potential lifelong lemon.
Granted, the replacement could be a lemon too, but I'll take my chances.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

2tallyAwesome

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2007
Yeah, Apple does that.

They realize there are lemos out there and do what they can to get them out of circulation, and keep the customers happy. For every negative experience I have heard about apple's support I have heard at least 5 positive ones.

Apple > Every other Computer Company

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.