Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple0001

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
It seems very unusual.....

It seems very unusual to me that Apple will release a new Mac Pro, bragging about its power to drive multiple displays, but only have to offer a nearly 900 day old Thunderbolt display.

Perhaps there is another take on the high end display offering now available in Europe. Maybe Apple is going to offer an updated (and hopefully larger) Thunderbolt display with the new Mac Pro in the US only due to glass yield problems, which will not permit them to meet global demand? So adding a competing product to the EU store is intended as a substitute.

The timing of the new Mac Pro might support that notion. Wasn't it revealed A YEAR AGO, amid complaints from the pro community, that Apple revealed it was working on a new Mac Pro that would be released in 2014. As it turns out, the VERY END of 2014.

Now did it really take Apple a full year AFTER it admitted that it was working on a new Mac Pro, notwithstanding its new design, to complete work on the product? Or was Apple waiting to release the Mac Pro with a new Thunderbolt display, at least in the US market? While the rest of the world can have the competitor model, until such time as glass yield improves.

In the end, to me anyway, it seems "un-apple-like" for Apple to release a major computing product without the means (new display) to take advantage of news capabilities....more power, better graphics, simultaneous displays, etc.

mward333

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
Burn-In or Ghosting?

I am worried about the 1 review from the Amazon page for this Sharp 4K monitor, which says that there is serious Burn-In / ghosting of the images. Has anybody here used this monitor yet, for an extended period of time, who can comment on this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.