Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I took out the month free trial of the full package on Apple One. This finishes today and turns into a paid sub. I understand Apple Music was not included in the trial because i already subscribe.

The problem is my monthly Apple Music sub has just ben taken out when it should now be part of the One sub. How do i get this money back?

ViktorDE

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Germany
Apple One seems to have some issues when it has to switch from an existing subscription.
I had Apple Music for year, and took the Apple One Subscription when it got available in Germany.
Since then my Apple Music Sub said s.th. like "Available until Nov. 30th 2020, then automatically moved into Apple One from Nov. 30th 2020. Until today (Nov. 30th) I was using it like always. No problems.
Until today, like said.
I can use all other subs in Apple One, like TV+, Arcade and the extra iCloud storage is available. But I can't access Apple Music any more. It says I have no subscription and I have to subscribe. But I have Apple One. -> ?

So I was on a call with Apple Support some minutes ago.
1st guy, friendly, tried to help- but couldn't due to restrictions in access to subscriptions, had to move me to an iTunes Adviser.
iTunes Adviser seemed like not caring at all and said I should wait until tomorrow and try again. Call lasted about a minute. Didn't look into it, didn't care.

Any one else finding this a bad experience? If this isn't some random problem, then Apple's User Satisfaction Score is going to drop if everyone who changed the subscription can't use it any more,- even for 1 day.

I don't know if this is related to it, but my music library is also gone. Totally empty.
Don't know if that feature is related to the Apple Music subscription, but I get flashbacks to when the iTunes library got wiped back on one of the iOS updates 6 years (or so) ago.
I know, I know, it's just a day, and I will use other music until then. But this shouldn't even happen in the first place.
If it doesn't work until then, I will unsubscribe and subscribe Apple One again, and see if this will behave differently when there is no other subscription.

Update:
After 1 day it actually works again, so it seems. I just have to download all my music again because the local library got removed, but my playlists, favs etc are back, so it's okay-ish.

Last edited:

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
Odds are you will see a refund soon. I was charged for my regular monthly subscription to Apple Music and then shortly thereafter I subscribed to Apple One. In a day or two a refund appeared for my original subscription. I did not have to ask for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.