Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gjm87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Not sure if this has been answered before, but wanted to throw it out there to see what my best option is.

Right now my wife and I are on a family sharing plan where we share purchase sharing and icloud storage.

My father in law wants to get the apple one premier and share all the apps with us. My questions are the following:

Can we opt out of the icloud storage and keep our shared icloud storage? Also can we opt out of the app buying and keep my credit card on file for buying apps for my wife and I.

He pretty much just wants to share the apple tv, fitness, and music subscriptions with us.

What is the best way forward?

gjm87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Not sure if this has been answered before, but wanted to throw it out there to see what my best option is.

Right now my wife and I are on a family sharing plan where we share purchase sharing and icloud storage.

My father in law wants to get the apple one premier and share all the apps with us. My questions are the following:

Can we opt out of the icloud storage and keep our shared icloud storage? Also can we opt out of the app buying and keep my credit card on file for buying apps for my wife and I.

He pretty much just wants to share the apple tv, fitness, and music subscriptions with us.

Bump

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010

It's almost a month so you might have solution by now. If not, the principle of Family Sharing is organizer (in this case your father in law) are the one who invite you all to join and you can choose to join or not. So if you don't want to join iCloud storage or app purchasing you can ask him to not invite you on those 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.