Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone here subscribing to Apple One? I can’t find a plan that suits me. I wish Apple would let you mix and match your own choices.

This is what I want;
A; Music (£9.99)
B; TV (£4.99)
C; Storage 2TB (£6.99)
Total = £21.97

(I’d also like Apple News but can do without that)

Apple One Plans: The only one that comes with the 2TB Storage costs £29.95 which is just too much so....what should I do? I am thinking of just subscribing to ATV as and when needed which would reduce the monthly payments to £16.98 which seems more reasonable to me.

Just interested what everyone else is doing?

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I did because I was already paying for Music, TV+ and storage. And the cost to go to Apple One was either the same as I was paying or perhaps $5 more a month.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Only way to get that is to go with the Individual plan then top up your storage separately.

Or just don't get Apple One and subscribe to Music and storage and, like you say, get TV on a rolling basis.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Only way to get that is to go with the Individual plan then top up your storage separately.

Or just don't get Apple One and subscribe to Music and storage and, like you say, get TV on a rolling basis.
I also see that both Apple Music and ATV are cheaper if you pay in full for the year. Music is £99 and ATV £49. For me the storage in the one thing I do need as up to 165 of my 200GB so will definitely upgrade that to 2TB. Also, I may as well take out the one month free £29 Apple One to start with.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
I've spoken to 4 different Apple advisers today and 2 said I'll lose my free trial and 2 said I'd get the discount like you lot on here. Anyway I asked the last advisor to send me it "in writing" but he hasn't done so who knows what's going on? Anyway, I've gone ahead and subscribed so we'll see what happens. If I don't get the discount it'll only be £20 or so so not that big a deal....Will keep you all posted.

roque69

Cancelled
Mar 31, 2021
Apple One is a scam in the name of a package deal, I was subscribed to Apple Music and thought of going to Apple One. It said 1-month free trial which sounded good but in reality, they said I still have to pay for Apple Music for the next month, then how is it a bundle, if it doesn't come with it? If someone has been using Apple TV or say their Apple Arcade and already paid for it, they switch to Apple One and then Apple says you still need to pay for the service you already subscribed to for the next month!? Apple was a company that used to 'Think Different' Now they're just a rip off in the name of premium technology. There are many apple devices I own, this is the last Apple device I'll ever use. Instead of Apple Music, Choose Spotify or Youtube Premium. Instead of paying for mac choose Alienware. Instead of an iPhone use One Plus. Just like the bitten Apple logo, this brand is bitting our pockets one bite at a time. PLEASE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION TO APPLE MUSIC DON'T USE APPLE ONE.

• Sad
Reactions: Peter K.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
I've spoken to 4 different Apple advisers today and 2 said I'll lose my free trial and 2 said I'd get the discount like you lot on here. Anyway I asked the last advisor to send me it "in writing" but he hasn't done so who knows what's going on? Anyway, I've gone ahead and subscribed so we'll see what happens. If I don't get the discount it'll only be £20 or so so not that big a deal....Will keep you all posted.

I forgot to provide an update. Well, Apple did not give me the Apple TV + discount despite saying they would. So I cancelled my Apple One and not just have my free Apple TV trial until July. Absolutely pathetic Apple. Why on earth would I pay for something I’m already getting for free?

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
So looking for opinions.

currently in my family has these:

Me: Apple Music, 200GB iCloud
Wife: Apple TV+, 2TB icloud
Child: Apple Arcade

The $20 bundle comes with 200gb
If I choose that, will my wife lose her current 2TB?

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
So looking for opinions.

currently in my family has these:

Me: Apple Music, 200GB iCloud
Wife: Apple TV+, 2TB icloud
Child: Apple Arcade

The $20 bundle comes with 200gb
If I choose that, will my wife lose her current 2TB?
As I understand it, yes she will but you can choose to upgrade your iCloud storage to share across your family

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
As I understand it, yes she will but you can choose to upgrade your iCloud storage to share across your family

thanks.

after taking with an Apple rep, I decided to get the premium A1 as it is less than we are paying now.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I wish this service was more a la carte. For instance, the Personal plan includes Apple Music, but I'd rather have Apple Fitness+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.