Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbrannon47

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
They're creating this because they're trying to reinforce their trademark for App Store as the trademark has recently been disputed. Simple.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Oh wait, App Store is so obvious apple competitors have already been using it way before Apple is. Not. ;)

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
Haha, someone beat me to it. I was going to make a joke that this is actually a M$ account.

rokkopina

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
Not impressed. Don't know why they feel obligated to participate in all of these social networks... How about pride? They don't need it all to look as act of desperation.. :/

acslater017

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Hmm. That's quite nice but just feels kinda odd to me. Feels very un-apple to do so, they don't normally reach out to the consumer like that, but rather use iconography (and ofc brand status) to simply reel them in. And Appshopper is good enough!

Perhaps because Apple's marketing tends to be feast/famine. What I means is that they are so absolutely secret, then they create enormous fanfare when a product is launched. Maybe apps don't necessitate the same treatment, so they're looking for a platform to promote these smaller things (apps)?

Just a guess.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
have to admit that its not front page related but hey if they want to keep there market lead guess they have to do things we would not see

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
What Don't U Get?

I've never really figured out this twitter thing. I just don't get it.

Don't you want to live like a 12 year old girl twittering away to her bf?

I just came home from school
Isn't Brad cute?
What about that algebra test?
Nice outfit today
My braces hurt
I'm bored
I am now moving my right foot
I am now moving my left foot
ad nauseum.......

That don't call it "tweeting" for nothing....it is for "bird brains".

ajphares

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
Don't you want to live like a 12 year old girl twittering away to her bf?

I just came home from school
Isn't Brad cute?
What about that algebra test?
Nice outfit today
My braces hurt
I'm bored
I am now moving my right foot
I am now moving my left foot
ad nauseum.......

That don't call it "tweeting" for nothing....it is for "bird brains".

It's just another form of communication, same as message boards (like the one you're currently posting on), chat rooms, Facebook, comment threads. I know you think you've got everything figured out but don't insult people based on how they choose to communicate over the Internet. Different strokes for different folks.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Lol @ all the sour grapes in this thread. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean that people who do are lame. I find it a lot better than facebook, especially since most people's profiles are so lame to look at that I'd rather stick my hand on a hotplate. Or did I hit a nerve since some of you just signed up on facebook as a way to communicate with your kids since they don't visit you anymore? I love that anonymity on the internet just turns everyone into jaded wanks.

Meanwhile, what I came here to post, was that it's too bad it shows up as a verified account. If @ceoSteveJobs was behind this, I could see it being really interesting, but otherwise not worth a follow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.