Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
it would be cool if for starting with iPhone 6S and 6S Plus if you could send money to someone elses iPhone by having them close to each other.

Apple Pay 2.0:

Apple Pay Rewards program
Send money to verified friends

Reactions: viachicago22

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
I agree completely. I would certainly use it. I use Chase Quick Pay and Pay Pal pretty regularly. If apple had a streamlined alternative I'd use that before the other two.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
I hope they open the NFC chip/methods to read / write with some apps.

The new iPhones still have the NFC chip but its not open to use that function.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
it would be cool if for starting with iPhone 6S and 6S Plus if you could send money to someone elses iPhone by having them close to each other.

Apple Pay 2.0:

That would be really cool! I just started using Apple Pay and I can see how useful it could become.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I hope they open the NFC chip/methods to read / write with some apps.

The new iPhones still have the NFC chip but its not open to use that function.

This.
I'd like to open the turnstile to get on the train/metro by putting my phone close to it instead of using a public transit card or buy a ticket

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I don't want that - I think opening it up for both ways would be an entry for someone getting close and stealing money from you (I know you need fingerprint etc. but it is an opening). I can't also remember the last time I gave money (other than cash to put in a parking meter) someone close to you. Some banks allow you to "text" money to someone.

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
California
Sending money to friends that would be freakin awesome. It can be very useful when there's splitting bill at the restaurant. One person just do the full bill, and the other people can pay their share with apple pay.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

If you're sending money to "verified friends" then you shouldn't need to use NFC. There's are online services that can do that. NFC is really more for business transactions where you don't have a prior relationship with the person.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I don't want that - I think opening it up for both ways would be an entry for someone getting close and stealing money from you (I know you need fingerprint etc. but it is an opening).

That "opening" already exists considering anyone with an NFC reader could activate NFC on an iPhone. This wouldn't open it up any more, so long s the fingerprint (or on-wrist wear with Apple Watch) continues to be a requirement.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas

Apple Pay 2.0:

Anything that motivates more people to use Apple Pay can only be a good thing! I would be interested in the rewards program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.