Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Having a VERY frustrating experience with a manager at a local Apple Store who is promising up and down that no Apple Stores are receiving any inventory or have ever received any since launch.

I was told that any person online reporting that they found one in store in fact had done a web order and "shipped to store" but that no inventory was ever received by the store. Based on what I've seen there I know that to be false.

Can anyone else give me a fresh confirmation that you either "reserved in store" or store pickup or got lucky enough to walk in and get one. If so, please confirm which store.

If anyone in the San Antonio/Austin area specifically has gotten one I'd really like to hear about that.

Several reps told me one thing (they get a few here and there) and the manager(s) swoop in to say otherwise.

Whose telling the truth here?

cyndiyaya

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2015
Having a VERY frustrating experience with a manager at a local Apple Store who is promising up and down that no Apple Stores are receiving any inventory or have ever received any since launch.

I was told that any person online reporting that they found one in store in fact had done a web order and "shipped to store" but that no inventory was ever received by the store. Based on what I've seen there I know that to be false.

Can anyone else give me a fresh confirmation that you either "reserved in store" or store pickup or got lucky enough to walk in and get one. If so, please confirm which store.

If anyone in the San Antonio/Austin area specifically has gotten one I'd really like to hear about that.

Several reps told me one thing (they get a few here and there) and the manager(s) swoop in to say otherwise.

Whose telling the truth here?

cyndiyaya

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2015
I just purchased mine a few hours ago, apple showed that the store near me just got some in stock. (only for about 30min before they sold out again). I was able to purchase one online and I am picking it up tomorrow. :) Just keep checking every few hours and once they have it buy it online right away and select in store pick up. :)

My store is the Kenwood Town Center in Cincinnati, OH

onefish2

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2006
Nanuet, NY
Finally found an Apple store near me that showed the Apple Pencil in stock. Bought it with in store pick up. So yeah... That dude is lying.

I have seen a bunch of Pencils for sale in Apple stores near me. They just do not last long. Always best to do in store pick up that way you know that one will be waiting for you when you show up.

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Thanks everyone for sharing...I knew this was straight BS. How someone has the audacity to state that no stores have ever received a shipment unless it was ordered online and "shipped to store" is beyond me.

Regardless of the fact that after waiting 4 weeks to get my original pencil and having it break in < 48 hours and now forced to wait another 4-5 weeks, this kind of attitude alone is enough to make me question my loyalty to this brand.

Several reps in both local stores have told me that they've sold countless Pencils in the past few weeks. Even the local Best Buy's.

Not according to this guy though...nope. I'm upset because another manager at the store told me they'd hold the very next Pencil that arrived due to my situation, but now they don't seem to want to do that and are just telling me to order online because the store won't get any anyways until long after I would receive that one.

:mad:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
How did the Pencil manage to break?

I was able to pick mine up in a Best Buy last month but I did have to order the keyboard online.

It's still a crime however that Apple can't seem to produce enough Pencils and keyboards to have a full time stock of them.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
still searching for an apple pencil anyone know if there is any around in the san jose bay area?

Dthiss

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2015
Bought mine at the Apple Store in Pasadena Ca. Went to the store in Century City, they didn't have any. The guy at the store told me that Pasadena and Santa Monica had "limited quanties". He could not tell how many, so I was half way between each store. I gambled and went to Pasadena. I got there before they opened and was first in line. When they opened I told the girl that I heard they had one, she said they had one and it was mine.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
I feel bad for the people who ordered from Apple's website and yet they are still waiting.....probably the last place I will ever order one of their products from for now on.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.