Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
I got tired of looking.
until I find an apple poster that I really like, I printed up my own
cheap, but they do the job till I find one I want...

setupsmll.jpg

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
arcsbite said:
I got tired of looking.
until I find an apple poster that I really like, I printed up my own
cheap, but they do the job till I find one I want...
looks pretty good, nice set up

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Well, thanks to you guys I'm buying a few more Apple posters to put up on the wall in my new computer room. ;)

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Will Cheyney said:
Blakespot, where did you get the rainbow Apple logo?
(It's sitting on the windowsill in this picture http://www.blakespot.com/images/wall_invaders.jpg)

That Apple logo on the extreme left of the pic? It's part of a custom, airbrushed woodcarving with my name on it. They were popular in the 80's. I had it made at a little stand in the local mall back in 1984 when I had an Apple //c (I was around 12 back then).

Here's a better pic of it in a shot of a cluttered version of my "Byte Cellar."

http://www.blakespot.com/images/cluttered_room.jpg

blakespot

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Apple Memorabilia

Hello,
Last night, i found out that my father was a registered Mac dealer 10 years ago but has downsized since. He had a collection of every single think different poster but threw them away after the ad campaign had finished. I would like to start collecting Apple memorabilia for him and to give it to him as a birthday present. I live in England so any websites or if you want to sell/give me anything would be ideal. Thank you,
Richard:mad:

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
It seems like there is a huge gap in posters between 1986 and 1997.

There must be store display posters for machines like the Quadra, IIfx, PowerBook 540c, Power Mac 8100, PowerBook Duos out there somewhere?

What did Posters between these years look like?

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
This has come up before, but I haven't received a satisfactory answer.

I really want the Think Different poster with the "crazy ones" text on it. A replica is just fine. I don't want to pay $300 for it. It wouldn't seem too difficult, but I can't find one, nor a decent res pic of it to print myself. Any suggestions?

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Subjects

I have started to collect Apple posters but don't know which subjects are genuine. Has anyone got a list of who was in the photos? Any information would be appreciated.

Colbita

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2008
Picasso Mac poster wanted

I am new to this site and Mac in general so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. I really want to find a vintage Picasso Mac poster - I have found that to be not so easy in the traditional places. Anyone here have one for sale or know where I can likely find one?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Boston135

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
I have quite a collection I'm slowly trying to sell off, but no TD posters. :(

I also have a bunch of the cloth banners that I'll probably never part with - Cube, Quicksilver, 5-color iMac, and some others (moving offices, so they're packed up).

I sold two on eBay recently but didn't get much money since the economy is in the crapper. I'll probably put one or two up after Thanksgiving, so keep an eye out on eBay. I never signed up or posted much on the forums here, so with the new rules I can't even see the Marketplace forum for another 4 months.

Macman756

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have quite a collection I'm slowly trying to sell off, but no TD posters. :(

I also have a bunch of the cloth banners that I'll probably never part with - Cube, Quicksilver, 5-color iMac, and some others (moving offices, so they're packed up).

I sold two on eBay recently but didn't get much money since the economy is in the crapper. I'll probably put one or two up after Thanksgiving, so keep an eye out on eBay. I never signed up or posted much on the forums here, so with the new rules I can't even see the Marketplace forum for another 4 months.

Wanna sell the Cube cloth banner? Please? Or sell me anything really, Thanks

Boston135

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
Wanna sell the Cube cloth banner? Please? Or sell me anything really, Thanks

The Cube one is definitely not for sale. And as for other Apple posters, I don't want to violate the selling rules on here, so either keep checking eBay or wait a few months until I manage 200 posts and 6 months to see the Marketplace forum. :)

I had a PowerMac G4 Quicksilver cloth banner sell for only $20 + shipping a few weeks ago. Pretty disappointing considering how rare they are.

pmcd

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2008
Apple Think Different Posters & Others

Hi
I have recently put my collection of posters up on ebay.co.uk
Would really like to see them go to Mac Addicts as I was back in 1997 when I was one of only a very few authorised resellers in the UK.
They are real works of art very collectable and also very rare.

alexapple135

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
offer...

I went on a bender a couple of months ago and bought a bunch of them. I've hung up a number of them and have a few I won't use. Make me an offer.

Ansel Adams 24 x 36
Ghandi 24 x 36
Einstein 24 x 36

:apple: Well, how much do you want for the Einstein poster? It looks pretty cool... I'm unable to make you an offer... :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.