Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Wow, I just spent the past two hours watching the keynote, and Steve Jobs really made himself look bad by harping on and on about people using WiFi.

Apple needs to either ban WiFi use in the audience, or do whatever it takes to not have the CEO of the century nagging the audience, sounding like someone's grouchy uncle or grandpa.

B

Black Macbook

Steve Jobs really made himself look bad by harping on and on about people using WiFi.

Not at all, a few people were pretty dumb and outright rude.

Even after he politely asked everybody to shut off their wifi and put down their laptops, you still saw some morons sitting there as if they were totally deaf, with their latops still on. Apple should have kicked 'em out, throw 'em to the curb, the dirty bums!

SJ handled it just fine.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Not at all, a few people were pretty dumb and outright rude.

Even after he politely asked everybody to shut off their wifi and put down their laptops, you still saw some morons sitting there as if they were totally deaf, with their latops still on. Apple should have kicked 'em out, throw 'em to the curb, the dirty bums!
But the media were invited to report on it.. How do you know people with laptops weren't using 3G connections like Engadget were. None of the live streams would've worked if everyone had put their laptops down?

If people were tweeting pointlessly etc I can see that being an issue.. I dont think his "put the laptops down" was therefore targeted at everyone. A load of people's jobs were to report on it as it happened.

hojoon0724

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
here's what you do about wifi problems

2 T1 connections :eek::eek:

and make one hidden and only accessible from demo units

there, it wasn't so hard to figure out

Nuvi

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2008
Wow, I just spent the past two hours watching the keynote, and Steve Jobs really made himself look bad by harping on and on about people using WiFi.

Apple needs to either ban WiFi use in the audience, or do whatever it takes to not have the CEO of the century nagging the audience, sounding like someone's grouchy uncle or grandpa.

The "special moments" were edited out. Steve's epic fails show reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ito1wxGy3_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAKKkW27UJ0&feature=watch_response

SG1-1

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2009
We disagree.

Whats the "WE" Garbage

Tom it's just you and your delusional and obvious hatred for Apple and Steve jobs.

Now only if you have a split personality disorder and it looks like you may have I will by the "We" part of your statement.

But it is clear and obvious it is just "YOU" and a few other Haters that love to turn things into what they are not. Jobs was fine, he asked kindly and if you would have been following endgaget and allot of other live bloggers from the WWDC they posted they REFUSED to turn off their WiFi connections to keep coverage going.

So it was those who didn't turn off when asked and you can spin it anyway you like, But it fails.

It's Just you Personal opinion, But you speak only for yourself.

toujames

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Typo??

i could have sworn there were typos on that page when it wrote "See the video-on-demand event right here, exclusively in QuickTime and and MPEG-4."

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
It was actually a funny keynote. SJ was at times, witty.

But curious, where's Phil Schiller? He was nowhere to be seen and even the promo vids?

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Whats the "WE" Garbage

Tom it's just you and your delusional and obvious hatred for Apple and Steve jobs.

Now only if you have a split personality disorder and it looks like you may have I will by the "We" part of your statement.

But it is clear and obvious it is just "YOU" and a few other Haters that love to turn things into what they are not. Jobs was fine, he asked kindly and if you would have been following endgaget and allot of other live bloggers from the WWDC they posted they REFUSED to turn off their WiFi connections to keep coverage going.

So it was those who didn't turn off when asked and you can spin it anyway you like, But it fails.

It's Just you Personal opinion, But you speak only for yourself.

Hey, ummm, psycho-guy..? The "we" refers to myself, and Black Macbook. You see, I was responding to his post. You can tell that because I quoted him in my post.

Now, "we" disagree, meaning you and I.

I recommend you either cut your medications in half, or double them.

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
What would you rather he did? Stop the show? :rolleyes:

I was pretty specific with possible solutions in my post. You might want to go back and re-read it, at least before you ask again for my possible solutions.

Hurda

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2009

There are only 14 channels max for WiFi. You can encrypt and hide them all you want, when 600 devices are clogging up those 14 channels, you're SOL.
Especially, (like with the iPhone 4), when only 2.4 GHz is supported for 802.11n.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
They left it in but edited it down but a large amount, or so it looks like.

Oh really? Can anyone else confirm? Is there any noticeable chopping in there?

I was actually surprised this wasn't the case... Seems very unprofessional of Moscone West to only have 1 connection dealing with all of those computers...

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
Saw the wifi glitch but wondered if it wasn't staged.

All I've seen so far is the wifi not working on the World News podcast. (Busy social night) Any thirteen year old with Tomato on his router could have avoided the problem. Apple must have coached Steve on this one for extra spin in the opposite direction. Amazingly cool! :apple:

iPaddy

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
I can't even play the keynotes.
Comes up with the quicktime player and it's just black.
No buffering or loading.

Atkins

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Tokyo
He is there to demonstrate stuff. If he's not able to do it, what's the point?
I was pretty specific with possible solutions in my post. You might want to go back and re-read it, at least before you ask again for my possible solutions.
Lol. These are your solutions? >
1. Ban WiFi? Great idea!
2. Do whatever it takes to fix it? That's an even better highly-specific solution!
Now that I think of it, Jobs' solution - asking - was the best choice. If he was "nagging" then there maybe was a reason?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.