Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
I've got a news flash for you: It's Apple who has that money, not you. It's their success, not yours. You only fueled their engines with your dimes.

And all the money that you give them doesn't change a thing that people want Flash and netbooks, that Macs -are- overpriced and that their AppStore policy -is- fascist.

In the meantime, maybe you want to watch that Simpsons episode again and think about what it was trying to tell you.

Do you seriously believe that Apple is only succeeding because of a bunch of drones that buy their products no matter what? That somehow the same small group of people that frequent MacRumors are the only one's spending money on Apple products?

Wake up. This is seriously the most stupid argument I've ever heard. Yes. there are a few people that want Flash on the iPhone. There are millions of people that either didn't care or bought one anyway. There are some people that think Macs are overpriced. There are millions who have apparently disagreed with you, and buy them because they have value beyond their spec sheet. People don't spend $1500 on a computer without researching it. Like it or not, most people who are buying Apple products - aren't doing so because they've been lobotomized by Steve Job's RDF.

Bottom line, Apple is succeeding because it is providing products that a large (and growing) number of people want to buy. They haven't always done it, and they probably won't always continue to do it. But for the most part right now, anyway (except for their hobbies) they've figured out how to build products that people (many of whom are not computer technical) still want to buy. Apple's products actually can (and do) appeal to non computer savvy people. This is in stark contrast to products of many of their competitors.

If, after staring at the spec sheet, you want to buy something else because you can get more MHz for the buck - please do. By all means. You can even feel more smug than the rest of us because you are so much smarter.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I've got a news flash for you: It's Apple who has that money, not you. It's their success, not yours. You only fueled their engines with your dimes.

And all the money that you give them doesn't change a thing that people want Flash and netbooks, that Macs -are- overpriced and that their AppStore policy -is- fascist.

In the meantime, maybe you want to watch that Simpsons episode again and think about what it was trying to tell you.

I've got a news flash for you. The people you see posting here are hardly representative of the Apple consumer. I'd bet 95% of Apple customers would laugh that there are people who spend time online discussing Apple products.

The average consumer couldn't care less about Flash on their phone, Blu-Ray on their PC or any of the 38 other regularly bitched about things you see on MacRumors.

They don't care about closed systems; they just want to get their media easily and quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.