Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Clearly you are not fan if Android. You clearly over generalized for your statement. I get update right after Google announce update with my Nexus devices. I also able to flash any ROM on my own to get new update, it is easy and folks on sad developper do great job for writing instructions.

Clearly, not all android device take month to update, if you willing to try, you can get update as soon as possible as well.

Don't tell me average user ********. If you can work at company for you complicated job, you can do that as well.

Said in my best Samuel l Jackson voice: SAY CLEARLY AGAIN, MOTHA-

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Gee, that took a took time to install. It was only a 20MB download and then my iPad (2) went to sleep while it was verifying the download. The Apple logo/progress bar part took quite a while.

Looks like the Bluetooth was turned on by the update. :) Other than that everything seems good.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
But a bug I recently discovered still persists.

If you have two different wallpapers for the home screen and the lock screen, and you slide to unlock, and just before your finger would touch the right edge of the screen, you lift it for a millisecond and you instantly swipe left, the phone won't unlock, but your wallpaper's gonna change to the one you set for the home screen. Try it. It's not a big deal but it's still a little annoyance.

Nice find. But how often would you do this? And why swipe left at all during an unlock?

rfahey

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
My battery is great. Do a clean install if you haven't. Or reset everything. Worked for me. I got all day on my phone. It's at 60% and it's been going for 8 hours.

Turned off automatic app updates, turned off background refresh. 2day battery life.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lame... Where's the love for previous iPhones lagging when screen rotates?

Is it only happening for certain apps? For example, Skype is terrible at detecting the correct orientation. So annoying. Say you're in landscape and you make a call, it switches to vertical to present the UI, and then doesn't switch back, even if you still have your phone in landscape. Requires a manual rotation just to fix it.

And I'm curious what you mean by "previous" iPhones? I've got an iPhone 4 and don't notice any lag, only that Skype bug, which has been in every previous version, too.

----------

Where is the bug fix for draining the battery on iP4 users? Cant even get 10hrs.

I easily get 20 hours on my iPhone 4. But I have Bluetooth disabled and haven't yet re-installed all of my apps. I did a Restore rathe than an Upgrade to ensure that I had a clean install. I've read several reports of people having problems and wonder if the Upgrade path is the culprit?

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
Most of the Android users don't even know their phone is running Android nor what a ROM or Flashing is... :rolleyes:

How do you know such? It is like saying most Windows users don't even know their computer is running Windows.

If your claim is true, then all I can say is that I feel sad for this society... People are just plain stupid

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Need a fix for my 5s gyroscope/compass!

It won't work in outer space, sorry. Come back to Earth.

----------

There is no password bypass bug in Android, so there is no need for rushed fixes like this.

He was making reference to how quickly Apple fixed a reported problem. Does Google provide the same response to high-profile problems? Provide an example.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Further proof Apple is a million miles ahead of Android.

Your logic is stupid.

Android doesn't have these bugs that need fixing.

Meanwhile on an Android forum somewhere Android users are probably saying "Further proof Android is a million miles ahead of iOS"

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
Is it only happening for certain apps? For example, Skype is terrible at detecting the correct orientation. So annoying. Say you're in landscape and you make a call, it switches to vertical to present the UI, and then doesn't switch back, even if you still have your phone in landscape. Requires a manual rotation just to fix it.

And I'm curious what you mean by "previous" iPhones? I've got an iPhone 4 and don't notice any lag, only that Skype bug, which has been in every previous version, too.

----------

I easily get 20 hours on my iPhone 4. But I have Bluetooth disabled and haven't yet re-installed all of my apps. I did a Restore rathe than an Upgrade to ensure that I had a clean install. I've read several reports of people having problems and wonder if the Upgrade path is the culprit?

20 hours on iPhone 4 for what? Sit there do nothing? 3G browsing? You need be specific...

I clearly get less than 3 hours of 3G browsing....

wlow3

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Can anyone tell whether they did any optimization fixes for the iPad? Does it feel snappier? I've been holding off updating my iPad 3.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
It won't work in outer space, sorry. Come back to Earth.

----------

He was making reference to how quickly Apple fixed a reported problem. Does Google provide the same response to high-profile problems? Provide an example.

Nexus....

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Your logic is stupid.

Meanwhile on an Android forum somewhere Android users are probably saying "Further proof Android is a million miles ahead of iOS"

Please, Android has a number of bugs that need fixing. So does Windows Mobile, OS X, Windows 8, 8.1, etc.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
Can anyone tell whether they did any optimization fixes for the iPad? Does it feel snappier? I've been holding off updating my iPad 3.

If you read the description, there is nothing about iPad optimization or enhancements at all. It does not feel snappier and the lag on 5 finger pinch is still there. iPad 3 still does not have blur effect....list goes on

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the whole battery turn green while it's charging? Isn't that indication enough?

Yes, green whilst charging but it stays green until the charger is disconnected. In previous iOS installs the icon would change to 'running from AC power'.

curiosity

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Please Apple, add even more lag and stutter to older devices and New iPads. More feminine icons and even longer animations, thinner fonts, and less contrast. The keyboard is not bright enough. I can still recognize keys. Don't forget to add North Korean keyboard support.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Awesome update!!

• Notification Center Widgets
  • All Music.app complaints have been addressed
  • Motion sickness no longer affects users when parallax is enabled
  • Siri is always available
  • Fixed Safari.app icon
  • Folders within folders is now an official feature

:p

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
Your logic is stupid.

You should put this way: iOS is a million miles ahead of Android in terms of upgradability, Android is million miles ahead of iOS in terms of feature and usability.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Clearly you are not fan if Android. You clearly over generalized for your statement. I get update right after Google announce update with my Nexus devices. I also able to flash any ROM on my own to get new update, it is easy and folks on sad developper do great job for writing instructions.

Clearly, not all android device take month to update, if you willing to try, you can get update as soon as possible as well.

Don't tell me average user ********. If you can work at company for you complicated job, you can do that as well.

You're a little slow.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
Installed the update and the phone feels faster now.

I think it downloaded a faster new processor.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
You should put this way: iOS is a million miles ahead of Android in terms of upgradability, Android is million miles ahead of iOS in terms of feature and usability.

Really? So your Android device makes calls, sends emails, texts, etc. better than other phones? Usually when I call someone, or they call me, they have no idea what I'm using for a device, and we're able to converse just fine.

What you should say is that YOUR Android device has a more suitable set of features for MY USE than that of an Apple device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.