Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes_10_5.png

Apple today released iTunes 10.5, bringing support for iOS 5 and iCloud as well as new Wi-Fi syncing capabilities. iOS 5 and iCloud are set to launch tomorrow, and today's launch of iTunes 10.5 sets the stage for those releases.
What's new in iTunes 10.5

- iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
* Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
* Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.

- Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.

- Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network.
iTunes 10.5 brings compatibility with iOS 5 and iCloud, as well as the paid iTunes Match portion of iCloud. iTunes Match is a $24.99/year service that allows users to have their music libraries matched to Apple's database of over 20 million tracks, making those songs available for use on any iCloud-enabled device associated with the user's accounts. Songs not available in the iTunes Store can be uploaded to Apple's servers and also made available across devices.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 Ahead of iOS and iCloud Launch

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

iCloud, here I come!

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
WTH, mine says 'Your software is up to date'. :confused:

I'm on the latest beta of iTunes 10.5.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Is it just me, or is Match not available in this release? I don't see it in any of the options menus or iTunes Store?

Edit: Maybe 10.7.2 is required.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Can't wait to get home and use the wifi sync! My dock port has been acting funny and haven't been able to sync to my MBP for the last week or so :(

Just in time too so I can sync and restore possibly for when the 4s arrives.

N/M still on 4.2.1 :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.