Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Still waiting for the album artwork pane to return in the lower left, until then I'm sticking with iTunes 10

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Scrolling is still slow. Not relative to the amount of flick i use on the scroll wheel.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Still waiting for the album artwork pane to return in the lower left, until then I'm sticking with iTunes 10

Try the free app "Bowtie". I missed that feature as well, after some research I discovered "Bowtie", it displays the current song/album/movie/show in a similar size iTunes 10 window that can be placed anywhere on your desktop. You can chose from a myriad of themes. I found the default theme the best (very Apple-esque). Double clicking the image flips it for access to controls. Supports iTunes, Spotify, Sonora, Rdio and Last.fm. :)

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
Try the free app "Bowtie". I missed that feature as well, after some research I discovered "Bowtie", it displays the current song/album/movie/show in a similar size iTunes 10 window that can be placed anywhere on your desktop. You can chose from a myriad of themes. I found the default theme the best (very Apple-esque). Double clicking the image flips it for access to controls. Supports iTunes, Spotify, Sonora, Rdio and Last.fm. :)

nice find, thanks. think i'm going to file a feature request with apple to add the ability to add artwork to radio stations too

Last edited:

Russell L

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
San Francisco
I used to be able to view album art (of the currently playing album) in full screen in 11.0.2. Unless I'm missing something, that ability is lost in 11.0.4 (I skipped 11.0.3).

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Finally, sync works. Always failed on me before. Now with this update, I can turn wifi sync back on.

Marx55

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2005
Still no resume playback, the extremely useful feature which was available in SoundJam MP from where iTunes was developed in 2001.

EmpyreanUK

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2011
I still can't believe it took 11 versions of iTunes to allow multi-disc albums to show up as one track list. Do you know how long it took to merge 34 gigs of 3-Disc Live Phish albums? WAY TOO MF'n LONG.

iTunes has been able to do this for as long as I've been using it, which I think is about seven years.

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
I am having some problems with this new version.

It keeps popping up for no reason, even though i have hidden or cmd+w the iTunes window, all of a sudden, and totally random, the iTunes window just unhide itself and when it does, it doesnt become the active window (although it looks like it is) and you cant do anything in iTunes, clicking on the window itself to try to make it the active window doesnt work at all. You cant even press the red button in the top left corner to hide it again and you cant cmd+tab to make iTunes the active window. The only thing that works is to click on the iTunes icon in the dock.

Oh, it popped up while i was writing this. (supercrappy video but yeah)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtSfbD3Vl_c&feature=youtu.be

Pretty annoying :S

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Took me forever to figure this out, but here it is:

Go to Music > Songs.

You'll see all your music with no artwork.

Press Command + J:

[ •*] Show Artwork
[ •*] Always show

Wow, now I got it done. Thanks, Flaxxx!

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Did this fix usb iphone tethering bug for snow leopard? Still using kext from 10.x to work around.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Finally (well, I hope since I haven't downloaded this yet)!

It has been frustrating dealing with the multiple iTunes Store sign-in. For a while I thought it was just my computer; glad to see that this was not the case. This bug had been going on for quite a bit on my iMac. It was annoying to say the least. Cannot wait to see it gone.

Me, too! I found that closing iTunes and reopening did the trick, but it was an inconvenience. Looking forward to fixing that when I get home tonight!

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Hope this update truly does improve my synching. It truly does suck after the last update.

No, not seeing an "Improve TyPod's synching" bullet point in the current release notes. Not even one saying "Improve anyone's syncing", for that matter.

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
No, not seeing an "Improve TyPod's synching" bullet point in the current release notes. Not even one saying "Improve anyone's syncing", for that matter.

Actually, the release notes do say "This version of iTunes comes with several new features and improvements, including" (emphasis mine) and then some bullet points, which means there may be more features and improvements than those listed...

They could have skipped that as a bullet point because it only applied to TyPod. ;)

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Actually, the release notes do say "This version of iTunes comes with several new features and improvements, including" (emphasis mine) and then some bullet points, which means there may be more features and improvements than those listed...

They could have skipped that as a bullet point because it only applied to TyPod. ;)

And you know very well that that's just marketing speak. Or a canned text, if you will. Especially seeing that this particular version does not actually come with ANY new features, only one bug fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.