Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Bloatware?

IMO, iTunes is way too big, way too cumbersome, and way too slow in doing simple things, like transferring a couple of gigs of music onto a device.

Will this make matters worse?

Could the software be made into modules, so that things would be simpler, with unused (and therefore unnecessary) stuff gone for good?

ds705

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2013
no one else had a problem downloading 11.1? When I open the .dmg it says disk image couldn't be opened because it's not recognized

update: nevermind, I downloaded it again and it opened just fine.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Anyone else having trouble downloading from Apple.com? I just get redirected to a "thank you for downloading" page, but the download never starts.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Don't suppose they'll fix the issue where my album art is the size of a postage stamp on a 27" screen....

The album art aspect of iTunes always bugged me. If you load an album that is not sold on iTunes, maybe a classic which is out of print, you end up with different songs associated with different "greatest hits" and "best of" and "compilation" albums. Then, when you search by album, you end up with lots of albums that you don't have, each of which has one or two of the songs from the out-of-print album.

Have they fixed that yet?

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
doesnt see the update, but i do have itunes 11.1 beta 2.
will probably download direct link.

i'm guessing ios 7 will be available in a couple of hours.

whodatrr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2004
Make sure Airplay is set to the right device (eg. your computer)... Just accidentally blasted out the family, by cranking a few stations in the house, while I was working in the backyard home office... LOL

Was able to download but won't let me play any Radio,

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Woot, I can load media content on my iPhone 4. I had did an iCloud restore when I loaded the GM last week.

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
No iTunes Radio

well, I installed iTunes 11.1 on my iMac, but don't see any link for iTunes Radio. Where do I find it? I thought the link was supposed to be next to Podcasts or iTunes U.

Dekimasu

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Japan
I would prefer to update through iTunes itself, but the update link hasn't propagated there.

[Check for Updates --> A new version of iTunes (11.0.5) is available.]

cifzo

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
So what happened to my favorite internet radio stations? They're no longer under the Radio tab. I went to the Internet tab and don't see a way to save favorites. I hope this isn't to force into using their channels. :mad:

mchart

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
I would prefer to update through iTunes itself, but the update link hasn't propagated there.

[Check for Updates --> A new version of iTunes (11.0.5) is available.]

There is no benefit to doing it through the apple updater application. When you download the full executable it has the intelligence to update, it doesn't wipe everything and do a fresh install.

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Apple...

Typical... Apple release every single update at the same exact time. Causing iTunes and App Store issues...

Get with the program, Apple! Release the new iTunes at least two or three days early and the App Store updates a day or two early...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.