Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Some bugs

- In the album cover mode, some albums don't start playing when double clicking while most of them do.

- The song names can be really hard to see when opening an album cover since it has a custom colour for every song.

- In the iTunes store the sometimes 2 fingers scrolls within scrollable areas and other times it goes back and forth between places you visited.

- When updating apps and you click into the app for more info, the iTunes page has the download/purchase button greyed out so you have to click back to the update app view to update the app.

Overall, I think it's a nice update and makes it more modern although the large rounded corner buttons look a bit large and childish.

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Like: Many things. Sidebar icons in color.
Dislike: 1. the new Search function - doesn't automatically filter/update the main list view? 2. Cannot hide iTunes store in left sidebar.

mcrawley

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
b/t North Zulch and Snook
Like the new Remote 3.0

Like the new 3.0 Remote App:

*Access all the content types
*Ability to make it stay awake/alive in settings for instance access
*Turn visuallizer on and off remotely and it automatically goes full screen. Nice little feature: say you go from a movie to music while hooked up to screen or projector, instead of being stuck looking at the library.
*Up next preview on playlists (before it just showed where the track was on the album)

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It feels very Linux-like, and am not sure if that's a good thing. Many aspects are clean and polished, like when you open an album to choose a particular song in the music panel, but others elements stand out, like the bar indicating how full your iphone is. The less-polished elements look dirty and thrown-together. I also loathe how I can't select a dark grid background.

Wifi sync still isn't fixed. It doesn't even see my ipad anymore.

One thing is noticeably better: Scrolling through all that album art is now seamless.

For me, it feels very smooth and the interface does indeed feel highly polished. As for Linux-like... I'd say more Apple 3.0.

I like how they struck a good balance between old and new design. They retained elements that make iTunes recognizable, like the LCD, but were willing to rethink elements that could be done in a different way, like navigation.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Does it still allow you to add lyrics to songs, update album art, add descriptions to films/episodes etc?

It has always allowed you to do that... Been doing that since years...

I have been playing with it for 30 minutes now... It has a different feel altogether... It feels a lot better in many small ways too...

TheAppleGeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
St. Louis
Like: Many things. Sidebar icons in color.
Dislike the new Search function - doesn't automatically filter/update the main list view?

To add on top of that, I can see how a lot of people will get confused on playing a track right then, rather than queuing it to play next.

I have absolutely zero complaints. This is very well-built and runs much smoother.

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
I think its a very nicely, and well designed piece of software. However, it doesnt fit with the rest of Apple's software, such as Calender, which is skeumorphograph'd as much as physically (and horribly) possible.

Hopefully we can get some some redesigns like this in the future.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
Is it me or does the Text on "now playing" look weird on a Retina MBP? They may have just changed the text style, but it looks squashed.

It's great to see all purchases... FINALLY. I forgot I had most of this content.

The store looks much better. I do miss coverflow though.

voyagerd

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2002
Rancho Cordova, CA
I installed iTunes 11 on my Windows 7 work laptop and it keeps crashing whenever I do anything... :(

I'm going to uninstall and delete preferences and such.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I got one glitch:

In TVshows using the "Shows" button when you select a show and then change the season the cover art does not change as expected...very sad.

ewww you're right, i got 5 seasons of Friends on my Library and it all simply shows the one of season 1

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Don't want to be a downer here but:

1: Search function doesn't work very well, takes a loooong time to load after writing in the first letter in the search window.

2: What about listing albums alphabetically and chronologically? This is a pretty big deal.

3: How can we have a viewing mode with large covers? I've spent a lot of time to have HQ cover pictures, now they're pretty much wasted.

I could get into a couple of other issues.. but you get the picture..

But, otherwise, a very good facelift. But Apple always messes up some few things. They don't think things properly through, maybe they should get programmers with a higher IQ or something

Hit enter after typing your search term and it'll show up in the oldschool way.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
No column browser for music (aka list view in tv shows).

BIG SUCK

Come on Apple - we don't want to load the album art for 5000-10000 albums - it takes WAY too long.

Yes there is. View->Column Browser - but you have to select the Songs button first

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2012
Overall a nice upgrade.

However:

- the new play/pause/back etc. buttons plus volume slider looks like crap now and are overly simplified in styling.
- there's no room above the player LCD anymore, which makes this app inconsistent with every other OSX app out there (old iTunes had 'iTunes' written at the top) which brings me to the next point...
- no double click to minimize??? idiots. Back to iTunes 10.7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.