Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watson10

macrumors member
May 7, 2010
Amazes me people are so trigger happy in upgrading to such a substantial update / overhaul. Think I'll hold off for a few days to see if there are any issues.

I think you a bit too worried. When was the last time an update completely hosed a system? Sure, a glitch here and there, but it gets sorted pretty quickly. After all, its iTunes, not mission critical for most of us.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
Now all the whiners can hush and enjoy their eagerly awaited app!

But seriously, I was looking forward to this. It's like a completely new take on an app we all know pretty well, and so far so good!

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
It is faster overall, which is nice, but is the coverflow view gone?

Hardly an issue if it has - very rarely would anyone be sitting in front of the computer, staring at the album art of each and every song as it plays.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
I like it - has a retro feel look to it. Now if there was a way to make iTunes UI darker...

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Ok...I don't like the new screens so I always go to the song list...but now everything is WAY to the left without the artwork/playlist on the left side.

Is there any way to get that back?

1: How the hell else do you expect that view to look?
2: Turn on the sidebar.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
yay the colors are back!

2ly3o2e.png

interesting it shows every tv show and movie i ever downloaded but dont even have on my library available to stream

Last edited by a moderator:

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Is this "Add to Up Next" something new, or was I just oblivious to it in 10.7?

It's cool, being able to queue up in real time, I tend to play music like that, just kind of pick songs at random, but being able to stage them up is slick.

This is the one feature that I missed most when switching from music match jukebox, back in the day to itunes 5 or 6 or whatever back in the day.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Clicking "Watch Tutorials" and "Learn More" on that Welcome screen brings you to webpages that don't exist. Seems like iTunes was pushed before the rest were ready. Either that, or they were not expecting anyone to actually click those.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Ok...I don't like the new screens so I always go to the song list...but now everything is WAY to the left without the artwork/playlist on the left side.

Is there any way to get that back?

Click on View in the menubar and then click on Show Sidebar. ;)

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Just asking again: PLEASE TELL ME this is not like the train wreck called iPad music app, right? Can I still use the traditional list views???

it's fine - in fact it is pretty much identical to the last iTunes, but with colours slapped on it. List view is still there as is the sidebar and everything else. You now however have to put up with a fugly 'now playing' bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.