Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
If it wasn't for the "Resolve an issue where the “Reopen windows when logging back in” setting is always enabled" fix, I wouldn't even download this update.

But thank god they fixed it!

afin

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
Maybe the size is because support/drivers are in there for ivy and 7000m series?

*pretends to know stuff*

Except why would they push drivers to hardware that will never need them?

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
If anyone says Safari feels snappier, heads will roll :D

I have only one VERY simple question:

Has the bug concerning the disappearance of the mouse cursor right after watching a movie on DVD Player or iTunes been fixed? Because otherwise the only way to have it back is by activating the app switcher through Cmd-Tab...

Can anyone confirm if this issue has been fixed?

----------

Haha, helt klart! :cool:

Jätte bra!!! Huh, nej...jag kan prata lite svenska..! :D

----------

Did they fix the File Vault password vulnerablility?

Yes.

Ryanoko

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
I honestly hope they've fixed that bug where your apps will automatically re-organise themselves in launchpad each time you shut down your mac. I'm sick and tired of re-organising them each time I log in.

Glad to hear that the checkbox for re-opening windows won't be highlighted, although I wasn't even aware it was a bug, I just thought it was an annoying feature.

TUD

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
10.7.4 for my late 2011 MBA was 365.5MB & did not include an update to Safari as mentioned above. I ran the software up date after 10.7.4 was installed & it suggested updating to Safari 5.1.7

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Nice, I'm always happy to get updates to Apple software.

I can't wait until Safari 5.2 with the unified URL and search boxes (ala Chrome). :D

Of course, I'm waiting for ML even more. :D

----------

Except why would they push drivers to hardware that will never need them?
All copies of OS X are the same, regardless of the hardware it runs on. This way, you can take out the hard-drive with OS X from one Mac and put it into a completely different one, and it will work just fine!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Safari has been so much slower since Lion. Even my father, who's not too tech savvy noticed the difference going from his Leopard Core2Duo MacBook Air (1.6Ghz 2GB RAM launch model) to his new 2011 i5 MacBook Air running Lion hat Safari simply isn't as smooth scrolling up and down pages.

I'm guessing this update doesnt address the 'lion is ****' issue..

I would have agreed with you only 2 weeks ago. I upgraded to Lion from SL on my 2007 Blackbook. I had the OS installed on a Seagate Momentus XT 2nd gen hybrid drive. I mistakenly installed Lion over the top of SL and my Mac became really sluggish. Just never felt right.

After installing Lion afresh I can pretty much now appreciate it. I cross decked all my files from a back up drive too and avoided any Time Machine or migration assistant.

The Mac starts pretty darn fast now. 18 secs to the desktop. I have a sizeable iTunes, iPhoto, Aperture library and the Blackbook has been comparable to the Snow Leopard speeds of last year. I would say that its slightly quicker.

Try a fresh install and the ld school method of bringing your files across and you might have a different opinion. I m actually enjoying the Launchpad now even though I can't take advantage of the new gestures on my hardware. Until I can afford an SSD equipped iMac I reckon the ole Blackbook has a few more years in her yet! :)

My only complaint is that Apples servers are so slow when it comes to updates. Downloading now at about .1MB/s. So much for the fancy new data centre.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Seems to work.

Mid 2009 MBP. Seems OK. Still have to watch the spinning picket fence for a bit when shutting it completely down, so...

The 'reopen windows when logging in' checkbox was deselected from the start. Yay!

It looks like the keyboard backlight comes on when you are sitting at the login screen even if you have the light turned all the down when you were logged in and shut the machine down. That's kinda nice.

Can't really say it seems any snappier, but it MUST be! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.