Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
The clicking noise was not the HD but the fan, reset the controller by unplugging for 10 seconds, all quiet again, still have to force quite mail.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
Wow that really blows... luckily I run my Mac server as a VM. I made a snapshot before the upgrade to Mavericks and Mavicks server. Took me no time at all to revert to 10.8.x

Still very disappointing... Hopefully they'll just update the damn server app.

completely agree. it was supposed to be fixed with this update :(

Some have had success with reverting to the ML racoon file. i have not tried this :(

laurihoefs

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
Seriously...the vpn issue in server is still not fixed...!!!

Build 13B35 (the second 10.9.1 beta release) already included VPN fixes. The fixes should be included in the final release, even though they are not mentioned in the release notes.

Did you try the update? Are the issues still present?

edit: Sorry, you already mentioned in another post you installed it, and it doesn't work...

Last edited:

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
Build 13B35 (the second 10.9.1 beta release) already included VPN fixes. The fixes should be included in the final release, even though they are not mentioned in the release notes.

Did you try the update? Are the issues still present?

yes.. i updated and L2TP connections are still not working...
the server log does not even show an attempt..

iLuvMyMacToo

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Australia
This update didn't fix my biggest annoyance: Mail still asks for my iCloud password every day.

Guess I'll go back to using Sparrow then. :rolleyes:

To stop that from happening go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts. Click on the Advanced Tab and change the Authentication drop down to "Apple Token". Worked for me.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
It rebooted for me but didn't ask for the password to login. Weird.

Maybe the UI just went down and back up. Kinda like a logout, but a little more involved. But no actual reboot. It couldn't have rebooted for me because I didn't get the FV2 password prompt. Unless it somehow "saved" the password for the next reboot. That would be a huge security hole.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I think we all know what those "system specific enhancements" would be..

Lets just hope Apple's actually FIXED Gmail this time.... cos usually a few times running with tries, this has be bad. But we can only hope..

No beach ball so far... but i won't jinx anything..

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
hahahahaa

who else thinks this is funny: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5313?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

OS X Server (Mavericks): Clients cannot connect to VPN service using L2TP
Symptoms

With OS X Server (Mavericks), the VPN service may no longer accept L2TP connections. This can happen if the client and server are behind different network address translation (>NAT) gateways.

Resolution

You can configure and use PPTP instead. Please note that PPTP requires Directory accounts.

Seriously... Problem can't securely connect to my server... Apple's solution well connect using a non-secure method.....

abcbcd

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
Can't install this on my late 2012 imac. Worked fine on my new 13" retina MBP.

I get stuck on a gray screen with a menu bar for SoftwareUpdateLauncher. Tried both App Store and downloaded dmg versions. Both hang in the same place. Only way out is to hold down the power button.

Anyone got any suggestions on this?

Attachments

• Photo Dec 16, 6 00 35 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 16, 6 00 35 PM.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 242

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
Can't install this on my late 2012 imac. Worked fine on my new 13" retina MBP.

I get stuck on a gray screen with a menu bar for SoftwareUpdateLauncher. Tried both App Store and downloaded dmg versions. Both hang in the same place. Only way out is to hold down the power button.

Anyone got any suggestions on this?

Wow, this is pathetic, :apple: really needs to get their house in order....

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2008
Mine froze on the install after restart... I had to force my computer to shut down. Dumb.

Woyzeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012
Next: please fix exchange integration. It works perfectly under iOS, but it's generally awful under OSX. I can't even send mail (stacks up in the outbox, error message after 15min).

bryanzak

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2002
...how about things like "Quick Look" being quick? and how about quick look not being a very quick way to find out which file formats the Finder can no longer read.

Just tried 8-9 different file types sitting on my desktop, other than a very large (15,000 line) plist file, they all opened almost instantly in quicklook on 10.9.1 using a 2010 MacBook Pro. Other than that large plist, a fairly large excel spreadsheet took make 2-3 seconds to open the first time, very fast after that.

Maybe you have old, incompatible ql plugins installed? Not sure. I don't recall one way or the other if quicklook was fast on this computer or not in 10.9.0

Last edited:

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2008
Well it has been stuck at installing software update for less than 1 minute for about 10 minutes now.....

I had the same issue. Just force the computer to shut down and try again. Dumb.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
Just tried 8-9 different file types sitting on my desktop, other than a very large (15,000 line) plist file, they all opened almost instantly in quicklook on 10.9.1 using a 2010 MacBook Pro. Other than that large plist, a fairly large excel spreadsheet took make 2-3 seconds to open the first time, very fast after that.

Maybe you have old, incompatible ql plugins installed? Not sure. I don't recall one way or the other if quicklook was fast on this computer or not.

still slower than ML on large image files... :(

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
wow.. allot of probelems..

Apple REALLY done it now :p

Regarding L2TP in Server (Mavericks), you can always try replacing /usr/sbin/racooon with the version from Mountain Lion. Screen sharing may no longer work until rebooted.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
Apple REALLY done it now :p

Regarding L2TP in Server (Mavericks), you can always try replacing /usr/sbin/racooon with the version from Mountain Lion. Screen sharing may no longer work until rebooted.

the racoon thing does not work for all universally, i'd rather a real solution. currently i'm using open vpn...

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
One thing I'd like to see is with any updates or installs in the App Store for them to clearly display the size before you start the DL. I know most people have lots of data per month but that aside its nice to know if an update is going to take a few minutes to do or a couple of hours.

Brocksley

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2013
Utah
quicklook still slow. Icons not previewing in when viewed by list. Mail is fine though, so that's good. Just wish I could get quicklook working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.