Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
If I put all my pics on icloud (using the new Photos), will I be able to see them with my iDevices?

johncarync

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2005
Cary, NC
You kids today!

You kids today! You have it so lucky. All these emojis to choose from.

When I was young, if you wanted to express an emotion in email, all you had was a colon a dash and a parenthesis. And if you wanted to wink, you used a semicolon. Every once in a while you'd stick your tongue out with a capital P. That was the way it was...and we LIKED it!
tumblr_lnuv9ntXx91qdk3i5.png

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2015
Aside from the numerous issues others have mentioned, one feature I wish Apple would finally implement is zooming in on email messages with the trackpad. Other OS X app's use it (Preview, Safari, etc) and Mail in iOS, why not Mail in OS X?

Apple only caters to those with souls.

LOL so wrong. I was actually surprised to know there are pro-Ginger campaigns to fight the anti-Ginger-ism in the UK. Seriously. What is wrong with people?

Attirex

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2015
OK, soooooo, none of my iPhoto library photos are showing up in Photos. What did I do wrong?

Attonine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
LOL so wrong. I was actually surprised to know there are pro-Ginger campaigns to fight the anti-Ginger-ism in the UK. Seriously. What is wrong with people?

Yes, the Ginger Dawn. The last time there was a gathering it was like the sun rising over the mountains!!

Am I in trouble now?

Bacchus1

macrumors newbie
I'm Taking the Plunge

So, it is DL'ing now. A bit slow to DL. Only 2.02 GB, on a super fast network (South Korea), but it is taking nearly 25 minutes.

Really don't care about the new features, because I can't host my photos on my Macbook Air anyway, but it is kinda my test computer. Still rocking the Mavericks on my Mini.

I'm purely interested in stability and speed. Will this new OS catch up to Mavericks finally? This is the real issue. Apple has been focusing on bells and whistles recently, and although some of those bells and whistles are potentially revolutionary, they may be going to fast, and are jeopardizing performance.

Still DL'ing. If this new install rocks, I'll consider replacing Mavericks.

Will check in later with any issues, observations.

ChrisCW11

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
So seriously

Are "Emoji" updates the thing that is going to drive most OS updates in this day and age? Can't an emoji update be independent of the OS update?

Can't wait for OS X Emoji 10.11 with even more Emoji! I can see Tim Cook stepping on stage and boasting about how many hundreds of thousands of Emoji OS X supports, its the most advanced Emoji OS on the planet!

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
No thanks Apple, until you fix the retina UI lag on Yosemite I'm sticking with trusty Mavericks.

Attirex

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2015
Welp, I must've missed a step when first launching Photos, because my iPhoto library photos have not been imported, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it post-launch (iPhoto library is grayed out in the import window).

Sweet!

sapbasis

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
The last 2 Beta's have worked great for me. In fact it fixed a WiFi sharing problem I was having between Parallels running Windows 8.1. I have to run a Windows 8.1 image for work. :( Hopefully the GA version does not break that again.

terencedriver

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2015
That was going to be my question. I had the public beta which had appalling WiFi - like literally 500 - 2,400ms PING responses and constant dropping out.

I had to do a Time Machine restore it was so bad.

Anyone got a 15" Late 2013 rMBP 2.0GHz base model that can test first? ;)

Thanks

pac

It makes me think that totally prioritise looks and emojis over basic functions needed to get work done. Did I really pay a premium to be without WiFi for 5 months??

Apple has lost the reason people extra. Dell XPS15 with windows or Linux... Works! And is cheaper. And has high res display. And battery life.

:(

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
What the hell?! I just downloaded and installed the update on my 15" Retina MacBook Pro. Now my entire hard drive has crashed and wont boot! I'm now been forced to reformat my entire disk!

Thank goodness I have my stuff backed up, but really Apple?!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.