Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintoshtoffy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
New Zealand
I really can't understand how you cannot comprehend that every user experience is different.

How about this; stop installing extensions and stick to a vanilla Safari.

Go into the users library directory via terminal, delete all the contents, reboot, load up safari and you'll have a clean slate to work from.

Ever user experience is different because some users co-kup their installation by installing useless crap based on unstable, unpublished, unsupported frameworks.

Before you whine on macrumors - how about having a good hard look in the mirror and ask "I am the cause of the problem".

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
How about this; stop installing extensions and stick to a vanilla Safari.

Go into the users library directory via terminal, delete all the contents, reboot, load up safari and you'll have a clean slate to work from.

Ever user experience is different because some users co-kup their installation by installing useless crap based on unstable, unpublished, unsupported frameworks.

Before you whine on macrumors - how about having a good hard look in the mirror and ask "I am the cause of the problem".
I don't install extensions within Safari. I've had problems with Snow Leopard since clean installation. Why get so defensive on the internet, dude?

macintoshtoffy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
New Zealand
I don't install extensions within Safari. I've had problems with Snow Leopard since clean installation. Why get so defensive on the internet, dude?

WHERE?! Where is it? come on, where are the problems? I use Safari up to 12 ours a day with minimum of 6 tabs open at anyone time. What are your hardware specifications? what plugins do you have installed? you whine and whine and whine and provide no information apart from an elongated whine.

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
WHERE?! Where is it? come on, where are the problems? I use Safari up to 12 ours a day with minimum of 6 tabs open at anyone time. What are your hardware specifications? what plugins do you have installed? you whine and whine and whine and provide no information apart from an elongated whine.
No I don't. I hardly complain here. I had problems pre-10.6.2, but 10.6.2 plus Safari 4.0.4 has made my Macbook once again pretty much rock solid. There's some small glitches, but whatever. Every OS has glitches. You need to chill out, dude.

macintoshtoffy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
New Zealand
No I don't. I hardly complain here. I had problems pre-10.6.2, but 10.6.2 plus Safari 4.0.4 has made my Macbook once again pretty much rock solid. There's some small glitches, but whatever. Every OS has glitches. You need to chill out, dude.

Mate, you whine and whine and whine - what else am I meant to assume? you become hysterical, crying, screaming, whining and complaining because you aren't getting perfection. You then turn around and then state, "Every OS has glitches", so you go from one end of the spectrum to another.

If you are having a problem then look all the possible causes or direct it to the support section - don't come into this section of the forum turning it into a soap box so you can release your fury on all and sundry.

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H

I'm not sure if anyone has posed this before in this thread; sorry if it has. However, i stumbled a crossed this little Preference Pane which unlocks some of the features which were either hidden or not accessible when OS X Leopard shipped.

It only works with 10.5, and above. Heres the download link: Secrets.

I haven't found the Blue progress bar in it, but there were some other beneficial things which it did unlock for Safari.

Attachments

• Secrets Pref. Pane.JPG
    Secrets Pref. Pane.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 91

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
I'm not sure if anyone has posed this before in this thread; sorry if it has. However, i stumbled a crossed this little Preference Pane which unlocks some of the features which were either hidden or not accessible when OS X Leopard shipped.

It only works with 10.5, and above. Heres the download link: Secrets.

I haven't found the Blue progress bar in it, but there were some other beneficial things which it did unlock for Safari.

Thanks for posting this info. It won't help those of us still flying 10.4.11 on Pbooks and iBooks, unfortunately; but, someday.....

With the Beta, the Pointum tweaks worked universally in all the OS X. Ah, those were the good old days. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.