Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cochinet

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2016
I thought it was supposed to download them, process them and delete them.
I think that would be the way to go. I was just wondering how are they going to handle that with iPhones that have only 1GB free of space and an iCloud Photo Library of 10,000+ pics.

Has anyone running the public beta is in this scenario ?

Dallious

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I upgrade to IOIS10 PB2 and my version shows 10.0 (14A5309d) and says up to date, should it show 10.2, thanks for your help

FurbyUK

Suspended
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
On the other hand, Apple's public beta page offers a profile for installation on watchOS. Maybe they're still thinking about it, or waiting for the betas to mature a little more.

No, because it had that option last year too. It's due to the file type for the profile, as to the same type used for the developer beta for the watch.

Hmmm... What should I do?

It won't do anything installing it to the watch.

I upgrade to IOIS10 PB2 and my version shows 10.0 (14A5309d) and says up to date, should it show 10.2, thanks for your help

Why would you expect it say 10.2? It's the iOS 10.0 beta, therefore will only say 10.0.

Does anyone know how to view song lyrics for downloaded songs in iOS 10 Public Beta 2?

Go into a song and scroll down. Though in the UK at least, it still says 'failed to load'.

09e27398105b644bedbc9b79050c02a8.png

Last edited:

ericdain

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
No, because it had that option last year too. It's due to the file type for the profile, as to the same type used for the developer beta for the watch.

Why would you expect it say 10.2? It's the iOS 10.0 beta, therefore will only say 10.0.

Go into a song and scroll down. Though in the UK at least, it still says 'failed to load'.

I tried scrolling down and there are no lyrics. There is no message "Failed to load lyrics". In my case, these are not Apple Music songs. They are either songs I have added to iTunes or songs purchased through the iTunes Music Store. I have added lyrics manually through iTunes.

roger1955

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2016
Northern California

Apple today released the second public beta of iOS 10 to public beta testers, two weeks after releasing the first iOS 10 public beta and just a few days after seeding the third developer beta of iOS 10.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 10 beta update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas. The video below will walk you through the necessary steps for installing the iOS 10 beta to give the new features a try. Betas are not stable and include many bugs, so they should be installed on a secondary device.

The second public beta of iOS 10 and the third developer beta of iOS 10 are likely identical, and in the developer beta, Apple introduced a new keyboard sound, an Accessibility option for using iOS 9-style Touch ID, haptic feedback when locking an iPhone, improved Quick Actions for sharing apps, and more.

iOS 10 includes a number of new features and design tweaks, like a new Lock screen experience, a revamped Messages app with background animations, bubble effects, Digital Touch, a full App Store and more, and a Photos app with impressive facial and object recognition capabilities.

There's a new Home app, and apps like Maps and Apple Music have been redesigned, plus there are hundreds of smaller tweaks and changes in the operating system, which we cover extensively in our iOS 10 roundup.

iOS 10 is available to developers and public beta testers at the current time, with a public release planned for the fall.

Article Link: Apple Releases Second Public Beta of iOS 10
Tried twice to install on my 6s plus, froze both times on the install.... white apple logo with black background forever!

FurbyUK

Suspended
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
I tried scrolling down and there are no lyrics. There is no message "Failed to load lyrics". In my case, these are not Apple Music songs. They are either songs I have added to iTunes or songs purchased through the iTunes Music Store. I have added lyrics manually through iTunes.

It doesn't show up on all the songs. It seems buggy at the moment. I doubt they'd appear on any you added. I'd assume they're for Apple Music only. Or maybe ones bought via iTunes too.

ETA: yup, everything I can find says lyrics are for Apple Music. That's why you won't see any.m in your situation.

smarteus

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2016
Anyone know if it's possible to downgrade to PB1? Since its public maybe it's okey to link to the ipsw file? And do an update via iTunes to not loose everything?

Music and BT/USB in my BMW via iPhone is unusable in PB2

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Love that they fixed their poorly designed unlock system, and allow us a way to restore it back to iOS9. Thanks for pointing that out!

Hate the new keyboard sound. Not the sound itself, just that it's changed. I'm nostalgic.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I know it's a beta, but is it more stable than the first one? I had the first public beta, but it had way too many glitches.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I had improved battery life and not many glitches beyond the reported about things. Seems about the same for me. Stable enough and only one app I own will not run.

lancashirehotpot

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
Thinking of downloading and installing it but before I do, does anyone know if it messes up your iTunes music library if you then downgrade back to iOS 9? Apparently the last public beta did?!

addipar23

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
I apologize if this was asked before but does anyone know if this beta has issues with notifications on Apple Watch?

myvoip07

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
iOS 10 PB2, anyone have issues with Apple Pay at Meijer store? Every time i tried it doesn't work using iPhone 6 and 6S+. I tried searching forum but couldn't find anything about it.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
I'm actually quite blown away by the performance of this beta! Even battery life has been solid, one afternoon it's been clinging at 10% and still going strong for hours!!

I only had one respring when I changed the wallpaper and of course some app crash but that's totally fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.