Apple Releases Television Commercial for 'The New iPad'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 7, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

As it always does when it releases a new product, Apple has produced an elegant television commercial for the new iPad. Unsurprisingly, the ad focuses solely on the retina display, something that Apple feels sets the iPad apart from the other tablets on the market.

The ad doesn't talk about specifications or price. Instead, it shows the iPad being used to edit a photograph, read a book, watch a movie, and draw a picture.
    Article Link: Apple Releases Television Commercial for 'The New iPad'

2. macrumors 65816

Four oF NINE

This is a great beginning, but can the new iPad replace a MacBook?

I want to know if I can get by with an iPad in place of the MacBook, or do I need a new MacBook?

3. macrumors 65816

Caliber26

I cannot wait for mine to arrive next Friday. Days are gonna drag!

4. macrumors 68000

I clicked on this right when it was posted on the website, and was able to see many other selectable videos. Now they're gone!

5. macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Hum... you do realise that only you can answer that. No one here can tell you what your needs are.

6. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I wish there were more pixels... : ( psych!

7. macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I can't imagine it replacing a Macbook. Maybe a replacement on the go, but not a full replacement.

Also, is it just me or does the guy in the Ad sound more like he's saying Ratna then Retina? Just an observation, not trying to downtalk the ad. I like it.

8. macrumors 68000

"Real" computers always have a place for me - they are my primary means of doing everything. The iPad/iPhone are excellent, but are naturally secondary devices, the way I see it.

9. macrumors 65816

Four oF NINE

Does the iPad offer tabbed browsing with Safari now? I'm getting the new iPad, but I think I'm going to update my MacBook soon too.

10. macrumors 603

Yes, 10" screen is what we always wanted for our computers.

11. macrumors 68000

Yes it does, but you could do it already a long time before by app store browsers such as iCab and atomic, there's opera too that is free.

12. macrumors 68000

I like these newer iPad commercials over the earlier ones "iPad does this iPad does that" wayyy agressive!

This is welcoming! In for a 32 GB

13. macrumors 65816

Four oF NINE

So does this mean I'm going to have to sync my iPhone 4S with my iPad too?

14. macrumors 68030

Where are the robots and explosions?

Oh right.... ;)

15. macrumors member

Bring it on!!!

16. macrumors 65816

RalfTheDog

Slow news day today?

17. macrumors member

Komrad808

How long will people be running around asking "did u get the New iPad?" "yes I did!....3 months ago!" LOL

18. macrumors regular

If you're even thinking about the mere possibility of replacing a MacBook with an iPad then you probably don't need a Macbook in the first place and can get by with just an ipad.

I guarantee that a lot of casual macbook users don't even tap into 10% of the power of their laptops.

I use mine for development work as a CS major and use my macbook for literally and almost everything.

I see other people though who only use it to browse facebook and maybe type out the occasional essay for class and maybe check their email, all of which don't even need 10% of the processing power of a macbook....I mean I'm exaggerating a bit but the point still stands.

19. macrumors 68000

So what exactly is everyrhitng that you use it for?:rolleyes:

20. macrumors 65816

RalfTheDog

You may think it does not take a full laptop to type a paper, you don't know the [deleted] I put my spellchecker through. Being the laptop of a profoundly dyslexic person who thinks he is a talking dog, must not be fun.

21. macrumors 6502

Narrator is different than the iPad 2 ad narrator. I don't like it.

22. macrumors regular

So whats the story on "The New iPad" and not iPad 3..

It's great I love but it ain't a reinvention..

23. macrumors regular

Oh dear, Steve hasn't even been gone for that long and Apple is already making huge stupid decisions. The "New iPad"?!?! Are you kidding? Why not just iPad 3 - keep it simple stupid!

What are they going to do when they come out with the 4th iPad model - the "newest iPad" or "new new iPad" or better yet, "new iPad 4". Sheesh, this is retarded.

Aside from that, the iPad itself is pretty cool, I'd be curious as to the quality of the pictures it can take, even though its only a 5 megapixel camera.

24. macrumors regular

The brand is "Ipad". not ipad 7 or ipad 9 which is what would have happened.
    Smart company. Is that an Ipad? you can answer yes, it is.

25. macrumors 68020

Exactly. You'd sound weird saying "I'm waiting for the Macbook Air 7"