Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After a long day of waiting, Apple has finally posted the official iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware update. The update is a $9.95 install that is available through the iTunes Store (link).
iPhone 2.0 Software Update for iPod touch includes many enhancements for Mail, Contact, and Calendars, as well as support for MobileMe, Microsoft Exchange Active Sync, new languages, a scientific calculator, and more. This update also includes all January Software Update applications and features.
Apple first posted the link to the update at 7:30a.m. EST, but the software only just became available.

Article Link

kungming2

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Finally! Now to wait and see.... :p

I was literally clicking every five minutes today for the darn thing to show up.

macman7002

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I have downloaded 2.0 and it is installing right now!
Has anybody had their iPod stuck with the "Preparing iPod Software for Restore" window in iTunes? It seems like it is taking forever right now, about 3 minutes, think it is normal?
Thanks!

SeanBG1

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
about time

i was even considering going out and buying my own new iphone instead of waiting so long for this... quite annoying, but i think it will be well worth the wait

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.