Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
If you have to be told to watch out for an enemy turret, maybe you're not ready to be showing off on TV.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I like the gaming one. The reservation one was a little annoying.

Overall I've liked these ads. I think they're definitely more relatable to the average user than the "You're More Powerful Than You Think" ads, though I appreciate the message those were trying to convey.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
I love them both. Great job! :apple: I love how the first one shows off how elegant the iPhone 6 is.
I love how the second one shows off different products. (AND it made me laugh!)

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
I love them both. Great job! :apple: I love how the first one shows off how elegant the iPhone 6 is.
I love how the second one shows off different products. (AND it made me laugh!)

Yes, I couldn't agree more!

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
So tacky.. they must have had better options when reviewing the ads or at least I hope they did but some bonehead selected these two? :confused:

That bonehead could very well be Tim Cook and I agree, these are amongst the worst, most annoying ads I've ever seen. Plus they translate badly when reproduced in other languages which don't use recognizable actors to do them. Pathetic!

kahkityoong

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
You can't get much worse than that. I hope. Cheesy, tacky, unoriginal. Show off the features - don't have two characters having a fake & stupid conversation with each other.

What a boring idea. If I want to look at the feature list there's the Apple website. I think you should re-examine your idea of 'unoriginal'.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I never played a MOBa until vain glory and it's actually super fun.

I agree so much, I never even play games on my phone ever, and i never have played Dota or LoL or any of those games, but Vainglory is so much fun on my Plus and im very suprised how well made and fluid this game is, everything, navigating the menus, the gameplay, it is truly console class game and is a fantastic game and i can't believe it is free eithe.

One game I was Ringo and literally carried my team on my back, I managed to steal enemy Kraken at the last second from the enemies as a last resort because our team was about to lose, and I managed to steal their Kraken and own the heroes and since it is late game, respawn timer takes alot longer to respawn and yeah we steam rolled their base and ended up winning, was great

Great game and graphics seriously

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I don't mind them. At least they don't try to directly compare themselves to the competition (which also has the advantage that apple devices are by far the most displayed in any commercials, including Samsungs and Microsofts, since these think to have to show them as well :) ).

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
First one too indie for me but maybe for younger gamers?

2nd cute.

Both ok but not great.

----------

love the Malibu area code on the phone in the ads....I wonder who's number they are

The CA was a metro pcs from LA.
The 917 was Hyde Park NY.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You can't get much worse than that. I hope. Cheesy, tacky, unoriginal. Show off the features - don't have two characters having a fake & stupid conversation with each other.

I assume you are referring to the Get a Mac campaign. That was brilliant, way better than this lame campaign. How exactly was what they said fake? Everything they said was 100% true.... Windows was head pain and still is.

qstyler

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
Well... See, Samsung and Microsoft?
It's totally okay making ads without stupid comparison!

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
Terrible. One of the worst ad series ever. The first one is only for nerds, and the second one... also. Nobody will buy two apple devices, paying 2000+ dollars, because you can phone from both (besides, it doesn't work: when I call from my 2012 iMac, nobody understands what I'm saying ... and there are delays).

Besides, if you use celibrities on a TV ad, you should show them as most people won't recognize their voices.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
These ads are amazing. I really enjoyed them a lot. They are funny, informative and really underline the fact that the new iPhones are the best smartphones money can buy right now. I recommend everyone watch these and enjoy.

chrismatic

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
That bonehead could very well be Tim Cook and I agree, these are amongst the worst, most annoying ads I've ever seen. Plus they translate badly when reproduced in other languages which don't use recognizable actors to do them. Pathetic!

worst, most annoying, pathetic, ...

OH SAMSUNG YOU SLY. Are you hiring people to comment for you again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.