Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Earlier today, Apple released OS X Mavericks, new versions of iLife and iWork; iOS 7.0.3; updated Trailers, Podcasts, and Find My iPhone apps; and new versions of Aperture and Safari.

The company has since followed that up with a number of new software updates to some of its more minor apps, as well as small compatibility updates for more prominent apps. It also released the Mavericks version of OS X Server.

updatedapps.jpg
- OS X Server 3.0 is the server version of OS X Mavericks. It is available for $19.99 on the Mac App Store and includes a number of new features related to file sharing; development; calendar, contacts and mail servers; profile management and more. [Mac App Store]

- iTunes 11.1.2 adds support for OS X Mavericks, the Arabic and Hebrew languages, as well as additional performance and stability improvements. It's available through the Mac App Store software update page and on Apple.com.

- Xcode 5.0.1 adds new SDKs for Mavericks, Mountain Lion and iOS 7, along with a few other features. [Mac App Store]

- iBooks Author 2.1 allows users to preview books in iBooks for Mac, while fixing other unmentioned issues. [Mac App Store]

- Apple Configurator 1.4.1 adds an option to configure which Setup Assistant steps will display during device setup, alongside unmentioned improvements and bug fixes. [Mac App Store]

- Apple Remote Desktop 3.7 includes support for OS X Mavericks, improves support for Macs with multiple displays and IP addresses, enhances multi-observe with gesture support for swiping between screens, and fixes several other issues. It is available for $79.99. [Mac App Store]

- Logic Remote 1.0.2 supports the new version of GarageBand for Mac, as well as some other stability and performance improvements. [App Store]

- WorkGroup Manager 10.9 is for use with Mountain Lion and OS X Server. [support.apple.com]

- Migration Assistant Update is actually two separate updates to provide support for Lion and Snow Leopard systems looking to migrate to Mavericks. [Lion, Snow Leopard]

Article Link: Apple Releases Updated OS X Server, iTunes, Xcode, iBooks Author, Configurator, Remote Desktop, And More

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
Lovely! And may i take the opportunity i love macrumors new desktop notifications too :)

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Today is a good day.

Here's to hoping for AirPort Utility 5.6.1! (you know, so it's compatible with Mavericks :cool:) Because we know it's gotta be coming sooner or later right guys? ...right...?

I'll just wait over here...

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Today is a good day.

Here's to hoping for AirPort Utility 5.6.1! (you know, so it's compatible with Mavericks :cool:) Because we know it's gotta be coming sooner or later right guys? ...right...?

I'll just wait over here...

I don't think they will update an app that's deemed obsolete by themselves... don't hold your breath.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
Just updated my iPhone 5S with all the new apps and also updated all the apps on my Mac Mini that still support Mountain Lion. I'm debating on upgrading to Mavericks tomorrow or wait until third party app support catches up.

Things I'm concerned before upgrading to Mavericks are:

LogMeIn
iBank 4
Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
Handbrake
Snapseed
Prosoft Eng Data Rescue, Data Backup, and Drive Genius
Dropbox
Home Inventory
Evernote
CCleaner
Caffeine
1Password
ClamxAV
HP Utility (LaserJet Pro 200)
File Sync
Text Wrangler
Things
Skitch

and i'm sure there's at least 10-15 more applications...

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Having a big problem with iTunes. I don't seem to have music controls (the slider bar in the apple box at the top of the screen for any iTunes Match cloud-stored music. It's very strange. Had it for a few minutes; now nothing. Restarting doesn't fix it.

Music is playing in the screenshot below.

Attachments

• 2013-10-22 at 11.27 PM.jpg
    2013-10-22 at 11.27 PM.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 176

RyanFromQA

macrumors member
May 15, 2008
Wow, I thought ARD was put out to pasture a long time ago (I mean, look at the icon, it has the Tiger wallpaper!). Good to see it still alive and kicking. That app was my LIFE when I worked Mac IT.

Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
Handbrake
Dropbox
Text Wrangler

If it helps, I can verify that these things are working well in Mavericks.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
Wow, I thought ARD was put out to pasture a long time ago (I mean, look at the icon, it has the Tiger wallpaper!). Good to see it still alive and kicking. That app was my LIFE when I worked Mac IT.

If it helps, I can verify that these things are working well in Mavericks.

That's good to know.

wolfshades

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario Canada
iTunes?

First thing I noticed after upgrading to Mavericks and upgrading iTunes: iTunes no longer sees my IOS 7 devices wirelessly. I can plug 'em in and see them just fine, but as soon as I unplug them - they're gone from view. Tried closing down and re-starting iTunes, and then plugging and unplugging the devices - but the problem persists. Anyone else have this problem?

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
iTunes Album View

iTunes 11.1.2 very slow loading when I switch to album view or open in album view. Spinning beachball for about 2 minutes when launching. I have 4500 albums but this has not been a problem previously.

rboy505

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2012
Apple keeps shortchanging Aperture users with these incremental updates where the only really new features aren't what they're clamoring for (direct photo sharing to iCloud and Smugmug) and the fixes are lately 75% on features that many people turn off or don't deal with (Faces, Mapping, iLife Sharing, photo stream) and some of the rest are disappointing that they took so long to be attended to. I see only a few good bug fixes here and there's still a list of well known ones (aspect ratio keeps jumping out of not constrained still two years later. Helllllooooooooo) Yes, the speed increase with 3.5 with the coming Mac Pro is mouth watering, but that's two months away. Plus, I know a few users who are not at 10.9 and are not going to bump up just because this update requires it.

I love Aperture and can't get any traction on LightRoom, even though I own it as well. But I was hoping for a meatier update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.