Apple Releases WWDC App for iOS Devices

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 2, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apple today released a new iOS app [App Store] to assist attendees at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference next week. The app provides a number of scheduling and informational items including news and photos from the conference, as well as the ability to make reservations to meet with Apple staff at various labs throughout the conference.
    WWDC is a universal application supporting all iOS devices running iOS 4.2 or later.

[​IMG]

Article Link: Apple Releases WWDC App for iOS Devices

2. macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

is this a new thing this year?

3. macrumors regular

Too bad

No one can download it because of the 5002 error in itunes! Me anyways...

4. macrumors newbie

Zerafiall

Won't work : (

Humm... It won't work. I hit "Free" then "Install" then type in my password, hit enter, the app closes as usual, then nothing no scroll to next page and download.

Note: I am not attending the WWDC, if this is why I can't get it, that makes sence.

iPad 2 (16GB, WiFi only) - iPod Shuffle (2ed Gen, 1GB)

5. macrumors regular

That's not it. Their servers are down. I'm on the phone with them right now.

6. macrumors 6502a

MasterHowl

phew! thought it was just me!

7. macrumors regular

Nah you're good! Unfortunately, they didn't give me an ETA or anything, and they don't seem to know what the issue is, so I can't give you a timeframe or anything.

8. macrumors regular

Nerdiest app yet?

Come on... Download already

9. macrumors newbie

Zerafiall

Haha, great thank : )

10. macrumors newbie

Zerafiall

Yes, they didn't have anything like this last year,

11. macrumors newbie

Can't get to the App store either

Both, Canadian and American stores are acting up. Can't update apps, download, nothing, and they keep asking for password.

12. macrumors newbie

The Dutch store as well, also getting error 5002. I've seen on different forum that UK store has the same error (today, I checked).

13. macrumors newbie

Zerafiall

Hey, I can download it now!

14. macrumors newbie

Zerafiall

15. macrumors 6502

When you download it you need to be attending wwdc to actually see any of the information.

16. macrumors 68000

Wow, they already have photos of WWDC 2011 before it's even happened! :rolleyes: ;)

17. macrumors newbie

bmburton13

I wish this wasn't just for attendees, I would love to see some pictures of it while its going on.

18. macrumors 68020

spillproof

Access is limited to WWDC attendees only via Apple ID verification.

Oh well, at least the icon is fun to look at.

19. macrumors 65816

Would be nice if they had a keynote app for watching the streaming feeds. :)

20. macrumors regular

Megagator

Everything works fine for me...:cool:

21. macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Back in the dim and distant past, before these new-fangled connected iPhones and iPads, I used to run a website called 'expodition' that allowed you to download guides like this and use them on your iPods.

It used the iPod's 'Notes' feature and would enable you to view schedules and stuff on your iPod simply by downloading the file, connecting your iPod to your PC/Mac in disk mode, and copying it on.

WWDC was a popular one, but also other destinations and attractions, too.

Ahhhh... memories...

RTP.

22. macrumors member

Uh, yeah they did. It was distributed only to attendees either via email or the developer download site, I forget which, and you had to install it manually via iTunes.

23. macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm glad to see apple doing this. too bad i'm not attending though. maybe one day...

24. macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Looks like a cool app, sure wish I could attend and use it.

25. macrumors 68040

They most certainly did have this exact thing last year. The only difference, if I remember correctly, is that you had to install it in an Ad Hoc sort of manner rather than via the App Store.