Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Not a problem here. Apparently the new iPhone is so huge that average-sized body cavities cannot possibly hold the new one. One will have to upgrade to larger-sized cavities to have any chance of smuggling this much larger phone.

Hahaha, thanks for one-upping my “I already regret posting it” gross contribution :D

Though I wasn’t totally joking, I mean, the effort to really control theft of components and whatnot would be huge.

HUGE :D

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
The truth is that I'm sick and tired of "Leaked News". It's like watching spoilers before going to see a movie.

I prefer to see the actual product officially announced.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
And what exactly do "Chinese authorities" have to do with this issue? I doubt the leakers break any Chinese laws per se. It's an Apple problem. Public resources should be utilized to serve public interests not Apple ones.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
The truth is that I'm sick and tired of "Leaked News". It's like watching spoilers before going to see a movie.

In this day in age, your only option is to avoid all tech and rumor sites like the plague. Or stay away from the internet altogether.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Not a problem here. Apparently the new iPhone is so huge that average-sized body cavities cannot possibly hold the new one. One will have to upgrade to larger-sized cavities to have any chance of smuggling this much larger phone.

And this just in- new pants with much larger pockets on sale at Target. :rolleyes:

LOL, you guys are exaggerating...the new iPhone is not that big.
Those larger pockets pants at Target are for the new Samsung phone which is comparable to a Boom-Box. :D

----------

Bring the jobs to America.

Why, if nobody in America wants to work? I can't imagine americans working at a factory's assembly lines 24/7.

Most people whom are willing to do that kind of work are underpaid immigrants.

So instead of bringing more immigrants to America, take the work to them.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
In this day in age, your only option is to avoid all tech and rumor sites like the plague. Or stay away from the internet altogether.

Both impossible to accomplish... heheh! :D
Well, this site is called MacRumors... so that's what I should expect I guess...
I love this site, so I'll just avoid the leak news

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
According to Google Translate, this means "We'll get right on that."

我们马上就那个。

calisurfboy

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
Solution?

Build the items in the USA where you can more closely monitor your product and also where its perfectly legal to wire tap and monitor the hell out of everyone to make sure no information is leaked.

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Surprises are Exciting.

I say right on, Apple! In the early days of the company, I loved the anticipation of new products being announced at MacWorld SF & Boston. It gave the Apple faithful something to look forward to as days dwindled down to The Keynote.

That secrecy also helped to drive the stock price higher not to mention generating massive news coverage & the epic l-o-n-g lines at all the retail stores as they opened around the world.

Bring those fun times back & really button it down. After all, if you can spend $3,000,000,000 for Beats you can spend some more to get the leaks plugged. :(

Go Apple! :apple:

macrooster

Suspended
May 28, 2014
What is this purpose of this statement? Please don't tell me you think "american" workers are less likely to leak secret....

Actually, yes. This Chinese knockoff market is starting to get out of hand. As a designer I find it horrendous that these companies that are paid a great deal of money to manufacture these AMERICAN-designed products turn around, leak the specs, and then run off to create this cheap knockoff ****.

Tim Cook is right, this is a question of character and morality. Unfortunately you don't see a great deal of that in those *specific* markets.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
That tweet makes me think of a group of 200 security men chasing after a group of factory workers holding iphone parts while the benny hill theme plays in the background.

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
No Kidding

That secrecy also helped to drive the stock price higher not to mention generating massive news coverage & the epic l-o-n-g lines at all the retail stores as they opened around the world.

Bring those fun times back & really button it down. After all, if you can spend $3,000,000,000 for Beats you can spend some more to get the leaks plugged. :(

Go Apple! :apple:

Secrecy is a must in today's spy riddled tech business environment. It also adds the element of surprise which is great. :)

OtherJesus

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
Bay Area, California
I'm actually surprised we haven't had more leaks all around. The iPhone is obviously the most hyped product, so I'm not surprised a few mock ups and random parts were able to hitch a ride into the wild, but Time Cook has done a good job keeping his word on secrecy otherwise.

We've basically got no solid info on anything else Apple except a potential iPhone 6 enclosure. Not bad at all.

bnmcj1

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2014
Finally. It is disgusting to see this bezel phone, which is hopefully just a new C model. It can't be a pro phone. A phone designed like too big 90s suits.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
I hope Apple has asked the Chinese government not to turn the leakers into involuntary organ donors.

----------

Finally. It is disgusting to see this bezel phone, which is hopefully just a new C model. It can't be a pro phone. A phone designed like too big 90s suits.

That can't be accurate. No edge-to-edge screen? What are those deep recesses around the edge?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.