Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Maybe you should do an actual count. My impression is there are more posts against Apple in all these patent lawsuit threads than for. And similar post ratings numbers.

Maybe you should note when someone is obviously mocking and posts in jest. Come on now, you're not new here :)

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Yeah everyone started copying Apple when Apple turned the entire mobile phone market on its head as an outsider.

It is very clear what happened.

A mature industry got caught with its pants down by an outside company and were totally at a loss for how to compete in a normal way, so they just stole.

EXCEPT: The icon format was already in the Palm PDAs and T-Mobile (Germany) had a similar integrated device called the MDA way ahead of the original iPhone. Granted, it wasn't that polished up and had nicks and dings compared to the iOS, but the major ideas were there. You still had to use a certain pen though since touch technology was not that sophisticated back then. But stealing, yea, it goes both ways.

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Mighty Samsung will crush the patent trolls Apple.

Except that Samsung is smaller than Apple on market value plus depends on part of their sales on Apple to buy their parts for iDevices. So, in the end, they depend on each other and will both go home with some black eyes and tomorrow, they will both play in the same sandbox together again. :D

ironfrost

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2008
Good luck, Samsung. So far nothing against Apple has stuck. Meanwhile your lawyers are busy digging up old movie props as evidence and losing injunction cases.

hahahahaha, that is very true!!! Must be that desperate to pay people to watch movies to find products that somewhat look like they have been developed in the future.

ironfrost

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2008
France actually adapts Apple's innovation and their products in most places throughout France. Samsung is going to lose yet again. I have met many French people and have witnessed companies that use Apple products.

I suspect that the French will not support the case and it will backfire into Samsung's face. They are strong uses or unix which then moved onto Apple

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
France actually adapts Apple's innovation and their products in most places throughout France. Samsung is going to lose yet again. I have met many French people and have witnessed companies that use Apple products.

I suspect that the French will not support the case and it will backfire into Samsung's face. They are strong uses or unix which then moved onto Apple

So, because a company products are used they can't lose any trial?

Really?

krischik

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2010
"We can sit by and watch competitors steal our patented inventions, or we can do something about it. We've decided to do something about it. We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours." - S. Jobs

Steve missed option 3: You arrange an Patent-Exchange-Plan with some of your competitors.

If someone steals the IP he should get sued.

Not necessarily. For example Apple does not sue Huawei even there Tables look a lot more like Apple products.

Huawei_MediaPad_1.jpg

They are just not important enough.

Last edited:

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008

run for office. i will vote for you.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Maybe you should note when someone is obviously mocking and posts in jest. Come on now, you're not new here :)
Hmm, I'll try to work on that. I would say, though, that "obviously mocking" doesn't apply well to dry humor. Not even in conversation, let alone typed words in a forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.