Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaVoLo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Hi all...i'm new to macrumors...and i plan on buying a new powerbook in feb cuz im sick of this pc crap...anways im doing a research paper for school and i chose to do it on apple (one of the greatest companies of all time)

in this report i want to prove why apples are better computers....i need some websites that contain sufficent information for me to produce a research paper about apple

thanx in advance :)

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Not much Help but i think this is a key point and that is Apple is being ran by a enthusiast rather then another bean counter! This is why apple has done the turn around because of Steve Jobs. Its a love for him rather than another corporate pig who is making millions but wouldnt know why Apple is Apple!

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
you might find some interesting, if somewhat biased info here: http://www.mackido.com/ and you may want to rent pirates of silicone valley to get a pretty palatable idea of the history of how apple started.

I would probably warn you to not write about why apple is better and PC's and PC companies suck. Its usually better to simply write about how apple is different (and how it is the same) as most companies. What innovations they have come up with, things like the human interface guidelines, etc. If you are going to write about apple, don't get caught up trying to prove mac OS is superior. Thats a different topic than apple as a company really, and one thats much harder to come up with a bullet proof paper for (when you write like a zealot, people will dismiss a lot of what you say)

Ziggyzee

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2002
I agree with strider. If you want to go another way and write about the history of Apple and how it got started there is a great read about the history of Apple. It is called The Mac Bathroom Reader by Linzmayer. Although it only goes up to 1997 it has great trivia to that point and only costs about 10 bucks from amazon.

I only mention this because my brother got an "A +++" on his paper from this book. It helps also if your Prof is an Apple head.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.