Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankhsueh

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2011
I've made my own and had it printed out at Costco. I made it as close to the poster as I can.

photo.jpeg

Last edited:

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I do wonder about that whole "it takes 2-3 years to be hired" thing. I can't imagine the holiday employees applied when they were 15 only to work for Apple during December when they're 18 years old :eek:

That's more for management, I would assume. I know from friends that your average Apple Store has 1000+ applications on file at any given time and ends up with 4-10 people in a hiring class. That's a 99.996% washout rate. Pretty selective.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Sentences should never be started with but and and

That's not a rule. That's something your fourth-grade teacher told you. It's perfectly acceptable, though it's considered fairly informal. Since Apple is adopting a chatty, informal tone with this piece, starting sentences with "and" is appropriate.

--Eric

frankhsueh

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2011
What size did you use to upload it to costco? That looks great!!
Rather I guess how did you have the resolution saved? If that makes any sense

I started a new document in Photoshop with 20'x30' @180PPI so I had enough resolution to print out later. And when uploading to costco I chose to upload the full resolution. Turned out alright.

frankhsueh

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2011
Nice, I think I'll do the same, unless you'd like to share your image with the rest of us? :D

Yes please share! I would like to print one myself

http://bit.ly/l8xmCc

This is the same one I sent to Costco for print. The original transcription had a few typos that I've fixed in this one so it should be set to go.

Last edited:

Zord

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

frankhsueh said:
Nice, I think I'll do the same, unless you'd like to share your image with the rest of us? :D

Yes please share! I would like to print one myself

http://bit.ly/l8xmCc

This is the same one I sent to Costco for print. The original transcription had a few typos that I've fixed in this one so it should be set to go.

Thank you! This is awesome!

sandeepsalariya

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2011
New Delhi, India
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey Trojanvillage! The hi-res EPS is available at the link mentioned with my post. As for '10' being a little off, it because I'm not sure which typeface they've used. I've tried to get as close as possible. If you have trouble downloading the EPS, let me know… I'll upload it in a format more convenient to you! Cheers!

Cactusss88

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but generally any retail store can produce this or something similar. While this is rather personal and in-tune with the presentation Apple makes with their stores, anyone who worked in retail knows that from Walgreens to Wal-Mart, all it takes is a creative and talented copywriter with some nuggets of facts and stylistic elements to create something like this.

Not to take anything away from anyone involved with creating this, but it's not like Apple is the only company capable of saying these types of statements. Walgreens (whom I work for, so a slight bias here) communicates these types of sentiments all the time via our intranet and "Walgreens World" bi-monthly publications. Generally the employees at Walgreens aren't as receptive to them as most of you guys are to Apple's. And I'm sure not every Apple employee read that and thought "Gee, Steve, you really do touch my heart." I'm sure quite a handful rolled their eyes and said something more like "Yeah, right."

I enjoyed reading it though anyway. It's hard to criticize a company for at least attempting to seem to care about all 30,000 retail employees they have. I do wonder about that whole "it takes 2-3 years to be hired" thing. I can't imagine the holiday employees applied when they were 15 only to work for Apple during December when they're 18 years old :eek:

I'm just sayin', y'all.

I am going to have to disagree with you on that note. With all due respect to Walgreens/Walmart, having worked a couple of the Apple stores, let me tell you that there is always a team-oriented approach to things, even though it is retail. Rarely did we feel like we are bossed around by management, and we all have input in the future directions of things. The message in the poster is not the first time we read this, but we always have the opportunity to discuss the vision of the company etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.