Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will announce a refreshed lineup of iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle portable media players around July 14, according to usually reliable French website iGen.fr. The report claims the new iPod touch (codenamed "N102") should be a more significant update, likely including a bump to a 64-bit A-based processor, while the iPod nano ("N31A") and iPod shuffle ("N12D") may be refreshed with new colors only.

ipod_new_colors.jpg
iPods in unreleased colors spotted in iTunes 12.2 earlier this month

iPods in unreleased colors were spotted in iTunes 12.2 earlier this month, including a darker blue for the iPod touch, a new gold or beige color for the iPod nano and a brighter pink color for the iPod shuffle. Notably, a few eagle-eyed readers noticed that the Calendar app on the iPod touch displays "Tuesday" and "14," which lines up with Tuesday, July 14 and information shared by iGen.fr's sources.

ipod_2015_colors.jpg
MacRumors discovered a full lineup of six new iPod colors

MacRumors subsequently discovered a full lineup of six new colors for the iPod touch, nano and shuffle hidden within iTunes resource files, including silver, space gray, red, bright pink, deep blue and light gold. Beyond new colors, storage capacities and other minor changes, Apple last updated the iPod touch and iPod nano in October 2012 and the iPod shuffle in September 2010.

Update 1 PM Pacific: iPod touch shipping times have slipped to 3-5 business days on the Apple Online Store in the U.S. and Canada.

Article Link: Apple Rumored to Announce New iPod Touch, Nano and Shuffle Around July 14

fzfpff

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
I'm not against it but does it make sense to mount 64-bit CPU on an iPod?

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
gosh I hope they through the A7 in the new iPod Touch, I love using one when I workout but damn, it takes forever to just pick a song with all the lag...

Reactions: thekeyring

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Are these the only colors or in addition to existing colors? And it looks like it's keeping the same desig so I guess that means no bigger screen?

AndyUnderscoreR

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
The current shuffle's spec is pitiful compared to other minimal mp3 players, 4x the storage for 1/4 the price, with an FM radio thrown in is about the market norm.

Reactions: navier

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
why do people still bother ipod when we having iphone - everything iphone can do that ipod do
I generally agree, this was why I first bought an iPhone 3G. Why carry around a phone and iPod? However lots of people still use iPods, for instance those who don't want to carry a giant 6+ when exercising, or for kids who's parents don't want to buy them an expensive iPhone.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Well, yea. I have been staying with iOS 7 as it only drags a little and staying on Mavericks so Numbers will sync.... Looks like everybody will get a refresh. Lets hope they pushed the processor (I can dream) and did a decent upgrade of ram.

ithinkwithportals

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2015
Somewhere in the USA
Did anyone else pay attention to the Clock app? It could be showing when the planned announcement time is. The app face showed about 9:40, so maybe the announcement will be made at or shortly thereafter 9:40 AM PST? You have to zoom in on the image and stare at the iPod's clock app for a few seconds to see it. Does it sound plausible to anyone else that the time as well as the date could be shown in the image?

Reactions: orbital~debris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.