Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
Ma ma ma megggga post!

Don't forget about the iPod touches! They upgrade with every new iPhone digit so every 2 years.

iPhone 4, iPhone 5, now iPhone 6

I am really excited to see what they come up with all the iPod lines to revive them. They are a dieing business.

I predict them making the iPod touch only a 4.7" config. So to make the iPhone have more leverage and who wants a 5.5" workout mp3 player?!

Also look at the iPod section for IOS upgrades, its so sad and alone :(

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Hopefully there is some iWork updates (especially iWork for iCloud which is still not on par with the other versions).

The iPad is definite.

I expect an update to the Mac Pro w/ the new display.

Not sure what else. Apple TV has been pushed off it seems. The Mac Mini maybe, but that won't take long to introduce.

I would like a BETA of the Photos app for Yosemite.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I hope they keep the features consistent across iPad mini and air. I don't see why buyers of the smaller model should not have access to the same new tech as the bigger one (unless it's a technical limitation, like with heat dissipation). Opting for a smaller ipad/iPhone/MBP/imac doesn't mean that you don't want the power of the bigger model, just that you don't want the size...

irfaanfaki

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
I would personally love an integrated stylus (like the s pen or the one seen with latest surface) as a college student I think it can be very useful with the right app such as notability. Doubt it is coming though as we would have surely heard rumors by now !

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
QFT. Last week's live streaming was such a mess, totally unwatchable. I've hardly read any articles about the mess, and certainly no comments from Apple.

I reckon they won't bother live-streaming this next one.:confused:

I think they will, the audience for the Mac/iPad events is far less. Streams have been fine when they've done them before.

They should just rename the iPod Touch to iPad nano.

That's what I'm calling my iPhone Plus.

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
This even is a round out the new product you expect like iPad air 2 with touch ID they need to rush touch ID to every device they neglected. I think this is also the OS release to go with iOS major revision which unlocks all the promised features. The surprise well if there is one in the new apple tv. The processor is old and it is time to move it to 64bit to unify the code base with the current models even if it is a spec bump it has to happen sooner than latter just for production value.

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
New Apple TVs please! or at least a new interface or app store or something! Can't wait for another Apple event! Please do not botch up the live stream! :D

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
I shall be sticking with my iPad Air for the foreseeable future. TouchID on an iPad, whilst a logical update, seems totally useless to me and not worth the upgrade. I barely use the device as it is.

Not to say that you wrote that just to justify your purchase but I have an iPad Air and I would love to have Touch I.D. To people that don't use it they don't see the benefit.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Wow, I was really hoping that it would be announced with the iPhone. Waiting another month is killing me, because I need to upgrade my iPad 3 more than my iPhone 5s.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Maybe I missed it if they already said this, but is Yosemite expected to be free or will they be charging for the OS upgrade again?

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Not to say that you wrote that just to justify your purchase but I have an iPad Air and I would love to have Touch I.D. To people that don't use it they don't see the benefit.

I don't need to justify my purchase. I had a first gen iPad mini before so the iPad Air was a massive upgrade and I'm over the moon with it, it's the best form of the iPad since its debut. I use TouchID on my iPhone all the time but I can't see it being useful at all on the 9.7" iPad. It's just not as convenient as on the iPhone.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Can't think of any updates that would make me replace my iPad Air. I jump on almost every release but not this one.

Already running Yosemite and love it!!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Maybe I missed it if they already said this, but is Yosemite expected to be free or will they be charging for the OS upgrade again?

I think Apple's Mac OS plan is to make every update free from now on. Mostly because they can afford to do that and it makes them look good when a Windows update can be £200 and over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.