Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fgsfds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2022
I’m Ukrainian, my family is in Ukraine, we’re using Ukrainian App Store.

Yesterday (21.03.2022) Apple cancelled my Apple One (Family) subscription without any notice or explanation leaving us without most online services, ability to update apps, etc.
Attempt to download/update app or renew subscription results in following message:
1647950482103.png

In scope of support ticket I got following explanation:
My account is restricted and services disabled because of SANCTIONS!
It’s an internal Apple decision and Senior Advisor doesn’t know particular details, nor can share it with me.

Does anybody experience the same or have any information?

I know that all this seems strange, and I don't understand Apple's motivation raising sanctions against Ukraine which is invaded by Russian forces.
But that's all I got from Apple Support and have no idea how proceed further.

This completely destroyed my trust in Apple which can all of sudden block services without explanations or even reasonable motivation.

fgsfds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2022
I gave up on getting help from Apple Support and found a solution on my own:
Opened iOS App Store app -> Profile -> Country/Region
And from list of countries I selected Ukraine once again (despite it was already selected), surprisingly it leads me to a next menu with Address / Payment method / etc.
After filling those once again everything started to work.
I needed to resubscribe to iCloud and Apple One once again but at least it was possible.

Apparently not whole Ukraine is restricted at the moment, but my guess is that eastern regions might be.

Anyway, hope you won't need this instruction and "sanctions" will be more reasonable and transparent.
Shame on Apple for poor communication on such actions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.