Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
A Possible 19-21 Inch laptop screen to come from apple

LG have been Working on a 21 inch laptop screen

Apple were the first to make 12 Inch and 17 inch screens on Computers

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
menziep said:
A Possible 19-21 Inch laptop screen to come from apple

LG have been Working on a 21 inch laptop screen

Apple were the first to make 12 Inch and 17 inch screens on Computers

*cough*

And we're supposed to believe you..........

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
ummmm.... yeah okay.
so what was the point of this?

i don't believe apple was the first to make a 17" computer, laptop yes i believe so....

this doesn't mean that they will go bigger.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
My Mom has a 17'' PB, that thing is HUGE i mean for me, student on the go, 14'' would be the biggest i could go. But really i'm happy with the 12''

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Clearly a niche market, if Apple can seem selling enough, they'll make it. Plus it brings mainstream attention to the product line once again. Which they need in the laptops IMO because the same aluminum cases haven't changed.

Apple makes money on hardware. I can see them making them.

Some people need lots of space, don't take it too many places, and don't want to fork over more money for an ACD. Makes sense to me.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
as false as i believe this information to be, it's IS possible. It would definitely make a great desktop replacement, and you could take it pretty much anywhere (but it would be a hassle).

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
What's the point? It would only be useful as a desktop (no one will be able to move that around) and they already have a cheaper, better desktop that takes up just as little space (iMac).

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
ok, i'm all for the 17", i personally love it and find it is a lot more portable then i originally thought; and i'll be the first to say so when someone talks about it being too big, but 21"? that's just getting ridiculous
screwy.gif

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Someone bring back the 30" PowerBook mock up and show how rediculous it looks. It would certainly look disgusting with a 21" model. The keyboard would be all out of proportion to the computer, and don't even start talking about adding a 10-key in there to cover up some "grey" space. If Apple could come out with a design that would actually work and be aestheticly pleasing, they would. But I really don't see it happening. Apple doesn't need to plague the market with a repulsive design. They're known for design, a 21"+ just wouldn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.