Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zvitali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
Not really, but I am still disappointed. I purchased a Tibook 867 2 months ago from my University Store and also got an Ipod hoping to get $200 rebate (get a bundle, get a bundle back promotion). I can't remember what the exact conditions of the rebate were, but they have send me the letter saying that my purchase doesn't qualify for rebate because:

1) My Tibook is not among the listed in the rebate conditions. Really? That must have being a really fine print.

2) Since I got a special pricing through my University, my purchase will not qualify for rebate. I agree that it was a very good deal, but still can't rememeber if the rebate conditions mentioned this case.

Is anybody else in the same condition? Anyway, if anybody has a rebate form, please post a link for me. I want to read the terms and conditions again. Still feel kinda cheated and very disappointed.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
From reading the promotion conditions that were linked, your computer should have at least qualified. Let me see if there's anything in there about special pricing.

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
Yeah, I think Sun Baked posted the rebate you were looking for. If you download the "rebate coupon" on that website you can read the rest of the terms and conditions. I also had that rebate, and I got a TiBook 1 GHz. I got my check a few weeks ago.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
uh, yeah, this is why you read the fine print. what were they supposed to do, babysit you through the entire purchase process? it's your responsibility, not theirs, to make sure you qualify buy purchasing things the correct way...

pnw

Toeknee

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
hmm 2 months ago thats when i was in hawaii and i talked to the apple store guy there and he said that i would get the promotion the iPod w/ the educational discount.... i guess what apple meant is that you cant get it through the school but either from their stores or online.

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
Originally posted by paulwhannel
uh, yeah, this is why you read the fine print. what were they supposed to do, babysit you through the entire purchase process? it's your responsibility, not theirs, to make sure you qualify buy purchasing things the correct way...

pnw
Nice -- nothing's quite so bad that it can't be made worse by pointing out how it's someone's own fault.

IMO, zvitali's post wasn't really an I'm-such-a-victim post, but more of a Gee-that-sucked-and-I'd-like-to-commizerate post.

I think we can agree that something along the lines of "Yeah, we consumers really have to keep in mind that caveat emptor principle" might have worked just as well.

Toeknee

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
well im pretty sure if the guy told you that it was cool then it should be. If not if you get that 'this rebate doesnt fly' deal i would take it to the apple store and complain, b/c he told you that you were gonna get the rebate. Chances are you will b/c alot of people have gotten it.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by LimeLite
Well, it does state that "This offer is not valid with the purchase of Apple education promotional bundles."

Yeah but if you read the top of the page, it says its valid with the education discount.

its just not valid with any other similar bundles.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Originally posted by oldschool
Yeah but if you read the top of the page, it says its valid with the education discount.

its just not valid with any other similar bundles.
Right, but if he got a good price from his school store because it was already in a price reduced bundle, then he wouldn't be eligible for the discount, because the bundle he got was already discounted.

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Whether he actually qualified for the rebate or not, I think Apple was splitting hairs on this one.

It sucks, sorry.

nickfit

macrumors member
May 31, 2003
I think they messed up with the classifacation of your tibook, since the rebate only says that two ibooks do not qualify, otherwise all powerbooks qualify. You might be able to get them to correct that, butI suspect that it is the promotion you got that sunk you. I suspect that your deal was above and beyond the normal educational discount.

zvitali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
Thanks a lot for replies, guys. I should have read the fine print. I knew it sounded too good to be true, but never thought that my purchase would be considered a bundle. My bad...

Actually, I almost always read the fine print. Don't know what happened to me this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.