1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple Seeds Build 12E36 of OS X Beta 10.8.4 Developers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 23, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today issued build 12E36 of OS X Mountain Lion to developers, roughly a week after build 12E33a was released. Build 12E36 marks the fourth beta iteration of OS X 10.8.4.
    [​IMG]
    Apple continues to ask developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

The update is available through the software update tool in the Mac App Store and Apple's Developer Page.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12E36 of OS X Beta 10.8.4 Developers

2. macrumors 6502a

CrazyForApple

here it goes again...

3. macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I'm a dev with seed access and I can't decide if it's worth downloading this or not. I wish they'd be more specific about changes.

4. macrumors demi-god

Peace

At least Safari is up to 6.0.5 now.

5. macrumors 603

bedifferent

Only 8 more beta's to go

6. macrumors 6502

I just took a nap and am getting ready to have dinner. Where's my story?

7. macrumors 65816

...but is it snappier?

8. macrumors regular

I encountered kernel panic and not waking from sleep in the previous release.

Enough whining about how long this takes and let them get it right!

9. macrumors 601

Michael Goff

Isn't it always?

10. macrumors 603

bedifferent

I will it admit, every beta release has improved Safari noticeably. I knew some sites weren't loading as some sites weren't updated, which some associated with the reloading lag in Safari. However I haven't experienced reloading the page every time I navigate.

Now, if only Apple released better OpenGL support (and a new Mac Pro) :eek:

11. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Open the delta update with Pacifist.

12. macrumors 68020

If you're a dev, wouldn't it be worth it to test your software with every beta?

13. macrumors 601

Michael Goff

Better OpenGL support?

I mean, it isn't like both Linux and Windows have good OpenGL support or anything, I'm sure it's fine. >_>

<_<

14. macrumors member

So, does Safari still reload when going back a page? That's the most annoying aspect with recent Safari versions... well, other than the huge WebProcess sucking up RAM.

15. macrumors 603

bedifferent

So far it seems much better. Can't say much as I'm not a web developer :eek:

This has been a contention with many for years. Currently, Apple only supports object shading in 4.1. Nada for 4.0, and only 5/10 for 3.3. 4.0+ support has only recently been developed. Other platforms are faring much better in that department. :)

Attached Files:

16. macrumors 601

Michael Goff

The really horrible part is when somebody said that my Intel HD 4000 was the thing holding me back when it came to OpenGL support... yet on the Windows side I have support for 4.0 because Intel added support a while back (december or so).

It's frustrating.

17. macrumors 603

bedifferent

Exactly. I miss the OS X focused days, before 10.7. MacRumors and such used to have front page threads when OS X 10.X beta's were released (every 1-2 weeks during a 1-1/2 year testing period). A lot of beta's had new features (even ZFS was tested out in Leopard beta's). Now it seems iOS and social networking integration are main focuses, stability and improved support - not so much. :eek:

----------

This is a good point, and one that makes me dislike the DP's that replaced the clean installs required for 10.X beta releases. As a developer, a clean install for a major release is a better gauge at debugging, etc. than installing beta's over other beta's. Developers (generally) have experienced more issues since 10.7 than before (at least, for those I know).

18. macrumors 601

Michael Goff

This is my first Mac, so I wasn't around back then.

I'm a bit disappointed, though. When I read about the yearly release cycle, I thought that meant Macs were getting center stage.

Then again, I got a Mac because I heard OS X was optimized for the hardware... which I like the idea of.

19. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

Another beta, another thread of people whining about OS X.

20. macrumors newbie

What is the version of the nvidia driver?

21. macrumors regular

A small improvement

After the update - for me - it looks like it fixed a bug in rearranging apps in the LaunchPad.

Didn't notice any improvement on any other fields.
    I have a MBP 17 inch.

What can I say... waiting for 10.9 and the second coming of Christ.

We'll see which one comes first....

22. macrumors 6502

23. macrumors regular

Safari memory management seems like it has improved.

24. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

You mean WebKit!?

25. macrumors 601

Michael Goff

And why do you think people are whining about OS X?