Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Well this is the first beta that has caused apps to stop working. Most of my apps are fine, but it seems like the ones I use the most are the ones with the issues. Black screens upon opening, they pop up and then go away. Filed my bug reports as usual but dang, this is getting annoying!

Sefstah

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2015
Do you still have to go through settings to change to 4k recording? Why isn't this built into the camera app?

Reactions: ncrypt

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
Reactions: Ds6778

AndyDiamond

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
The Black Lodge
How long now do you think until the final release of 10.1 will be?
I really want to try that portrait mode but don't want to be running a beta that stops my apps from working properly.

Reactions: Ds6778

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Thats not an issue. It's a transition from "Animation(minimize app)" to "Taskswitcher (laying cards)" animation, and based on the response time of the second click. You're basically aborting the app minimize animation.

There is more than one. If you're in an app and then double tap home to open the app switcher, a distinct bunny hop will be seen in the app cards.

Most of the time it's just a hop, but other times it's more like a gallop.

Also, the animation seen while an app is minimizing after pressing the home button may stutter.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
The only option they have is to disallow people to execute a second click command while running the first one. The time gap during an double click between these two animations is simply too short to create a smoother transition.

That doesn't excuse the small hitch seen sometimes when minimizing an app.

Reactions: duffman9000

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
The only option they have is to disallow people to execute a second click command while running the first one. The time gab during an double click between these two animations is simply too short to create a smoother transition.
Maybe the Anandtech writer has some inside sources. He commented that Apple is looking at improving this behavior.

These small hiccups don't bother me nearly as much as what I saw on a 6+ at launch. I had to start from scratch on that phone and I still noticed the various lags and stutters. It could be worse people...

Poontaco

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2014
I sure hope that this 10.1 update fixes all of the confounded Bluetooth issues with the 7plus. At this point I cannot even enable BT since it makes most/all my alert tones fail to play. When I attach BT to my new 2016 vehicle system, the voices on calls sound like Charlie Brown's teacher. Unrecognizable. Crossing my fingers on this one.

Bluetooth music streaming still skips on my 7+ just like it has with every previous version of ios.
I'm losing my patience.

Reactions: rd9082

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Well, they could add a recognition delay, but this would also delay the start of animation #1, people would dislike this, too.

Maybe the Anandtech writer has some inside sources. He commented that Apple is looking at improving this behavior.

These small hiccups don't bother me nearly as much as what I saw on a 6+ at launch. I had to start from scratch on that phone and I still noticed the various lags and stutters. It could be worse people...

iamjordanharris

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
Utah via Colorado
Same. So far no one seems to know what the solution is. I've tried everything I can think of.

Just finished dealing with this issue with a new iPhone 7+. Here is how I got around the problem.

Go here and download the corresponding IPSW for your iPhone.

Plug in phone, go to iTunes

Hold option and hit restore, choose the downloaded file.

You will get a fresh install and the ability to restore from your 10.1 backup. No promises it's a long term solution, but it's a fix.

iOSFangirl6001

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2015
Sooo ANY Clues as why I can update from iOS 10.0.3 to 10.1 Beta on my 7 Plus
( and yes I have a Beta Profile installed)

millsedw1

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
I can't download the public beta... I signed up, downloaded the profile, restarted my 7 plus... but it still says up to date with 10.0.3.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I am having this problem with 7+ but my 6S+ was able to unenroll and reenroll in the beta program with no issues.

iOSFangirl6001

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2015
Yes, I am having this problem with 7+ but my 6S+ was able to unenroll and reenroll in the beta program with no issues.

Scroll up and see the reply by
"Iamjordanharris"

His solution worked
Or better yet I'll include it here BELOW

Just finished dealing with this issue with a new iPhone 7+. Here is how I got around the problem.

You will get a fresh install and the ability to restore from your 10.1 backup. No promises it's a long term solution, but it's a fix.
Check my comment above. No way to do it OTA right now for some reason.

Thanks a ton Jordan it worked fairly well save some small minor hiccups but nothing too horrible

Now the fun part
Devoting 2 hours to do a FULL 100% encrypted restore of
55gb of pics, apps, app data etc from my 6 to my nice new 7+

shaunvis

macrumors member
May 26, 2009
Illinois

Thanks SO much for this. I just got my 7 Plus today, activated it and could not get the beta installed, leaving me unable to restore the backup form my 6 that had 10.1b4.
MUCH appreciated!

Reactions: iamjordanharris

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Scroll up and see the reply by
"Iamjordanharris"

His solution worked
Or better yet I'll include it here BELOW

Thanks a ton Jordan it worked fairly well save some small minor hiccups but nothing too horrible

Now the fun part
Devoting 2 hours to do a FULL 100% encrypted restore of
55gb of pics, apps, app data etc from my 6 to my nice new 7+
Well, updating with an image also works. You just have to use the alt+update button while doing the manual image selection in itunes.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012

This worked perfect! Was able to do this and now I am running beta 5. Which showed up under settings after I installed this. Thanks!

Reactions: iamjordanharris

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Anyone else's iPhone 7 Plus crashing like CRAZY last night? So random, but my phone probably crashed at least 15 times while using Safari, playing Solitairica etc. Never seen it crash this much. And it wasn't resprings, either. Proper reboot crashes. Couldn't use it for more than 30 seconds without further crashes!

I had the battery at around 25% at that point. Plugged it in and went to bed. This morning it's fine! So weird...

*edit*

Crashed twice while sending scribble texts (phone landscape). One was full reboot and second was a re-spring.

This is frustrating!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.