Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
To be honest if you didn't want a boring stock IOS then you would've gotten a android phone if customizing is a big issue for you. Just saying.

Inb4 apple fan boys

To be honest, it is my personal preference. I want iOS with customization.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
And I certainly hope you're joking. Why would anyone genuinely want Apple to "plug" the JB "hole"?

Well I was joking but truthfully I don't jailbreak my iPhone so I couldn't care less if they did. Also I'm reading a lot that people do illegit things with their iPhones under JB such as downloading stolen software.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Same here. I don't get all this excitment about jailbreak! I jailbroke mine and it's clearly not the same after that. Battery indicater does not show corrctly, drops like 10% each time, it's noticably slower, winterboard crashes!! I mean wtf? Isn't this the reason we like Apple products? So we don't have to cope with that crap?

Did you install anything after you finished jailbreaking? It's really really rare that a Jailbreak actually harms the performance of the phone since the jailbreak really just enables access to the file system.

I think most newbies try to install Winterboard and other apps from Cydia and yes those can cause the phone to operate slower.

Try rebooting your iPhone... That generally fixes things. I've jailbroken an iPhone 1st Gen, 3G, 4, and an iPad 1 and iPad2 and have never ever seen a problem with performance unless I've installed some apps from Cydia.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
It would be funny if Apple had withheld the big news for 6.1 in the 6.1.1, fooling evad3rs into showing their cards on which exploits they're using, and releasing their jailbreak too early. :p

Tacitus

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2004
UK
6.1 has been eating through my data plan and battery life ever since I had it installed. Anyone else? I hope for relief with 6.1.1.

Yes me too. I mainly use WiFi so not noticed any significant effect on mobile data, but the battery life has gone down the pan on my iPad 3.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Sounds like you just started installing random **** on Cydia. Unlike with the App Store, you can't trust everything you install on Cydia. You have to do a little research first and of course skinning isn't a good idea unless you are OK with beta testing.

Some apps have been updated to be compatible with iOS 6, but until this week none of them had been tested on such a massive scale. If you keep it simple and just install the jailbreaks you need and that are good then you won't have instability problems or weird dropped calls or battery indicators not showing up.

The good JB developers are going to sort out their bugs in a week or two, so be patient. It sounds like you really don't know WTF you are doing though, tbh.

Not really random stuff, only the or 4 or 5 (like SBSettings, notifier + Bite SMS and couple of themes. I even open a thread about it on the forum section because this morning it went really bad so i had to do a manufacture reset on my phone.

----------

Did you also carelessly install tons of tweaks?

If by tons you mean 5 of them, then yes, i did.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I've got 4 tweaks and I have no intention of giving them up until iOS sees a dramatic boost in features.

nephron8

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
Then jailbreak. iOS just got massively more interesting.

And no, it's not for pirating stuff, its for letting my phone, a 5, live up to its potential. Zephyr,Auxo,Activator,NCsettings,Springtomize, f.lux FTW!

I believe if you jailbreak for piracy, and you don't want to spare a few quid/dollars for apps here and there....you need to have a long hard look at yourself.

I Absolutely second this. When we spen Hundreds Of Dollar on devices,why try penny pinching On one Dollar Apps ?

----------

I've got 4 tweaks and I have no intention of giving them up until iOS sees a dramatic boost in features.

Would You share Those tweaks?
Thanks

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Boot into safe mode, then reboot. Worked on my MBP, although it comes back when I update to a new build (in which case, I just boot into safe mode again).

Trust me, I've tried everything short of hacking the base system files. Nothing has worked.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
what that last part 'and iFile to use the camera kit and unlimited SD cards for unlimited storage, so you dont have to pay extra $100 per 16 gigs of data"

Unlimited what?

Oh..when you buy the Apple Camera Kit, you can plug it into the end of your device. Then, can you load up as much as you want of movies/music, etc. on SD Cards and plug the SD cards into the apple kit. Now normally, if you werent jailbnroken, it would be practically useless, as you couldnt find those files on the SD Cards, but with iFile, you can view them, select them, and play movies right from them, without using 1 kilobyte of your device's built in storage...

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Hope this fixes the "app store purchased tab gives a blank screen instead of showing my purchased apps" bug. I can't see what Apps I have purchased on my iPad in the App store anymore.

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not even a week out, and Apple already seeds the next version of IOS already.

Must of found some serious bugs.

discuit

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2009
pod2g ‏@pod2g

6.1.1 beta (10B311) does not fix the jailbreak. It'll probably happen in a future revision. Don't upgrade though, evasi0n won't let you jb.

:)

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
C'mon Apple maps get your ***** together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 91

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
what that last part 'and iFile to use the camera kit and unlimited SD cards for unlimited storage, so you dont have to pay extra $100 per 16 gigs of data"

Unlimited what?

With iFile, you can plug in a USB stick or SD card using a Camera Connection Kit or something similar with an iPad, and you can use it on your iPad like you would on a computer.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
I use the CCK and a 64gb SD card (amazon sale for $35!). That's how I carry around my movies. Fit quite a few Blu-Ray > mp4 movies on there.

Simply use iFile and open in VideoPlayer.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Those complaining about the Jailbreak and slowing down did something wrong. I jailbroke my iPad and my iPhone and just installed 3G Unrestrictor, TetherMe, and Adbock, and my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4 are just as fast as ever. Won't upgrade until I see that jailbreak works with this update.

I suggest you download the Accelerate tweak from Cydia, it really boosts the iOS device's speed and apps open even faster with Accelerate on

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower

Ok so supposedly it adds 3D maps on the cities. So I updated my iphone to ios 6.1.1 and they are NOT in 3D. I couldn't find Japan imperial palace.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.