Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
Wifi is fixed if you do this, but I admit it's not the *complete* fix.

The fix for my iPhone 5s (and my wife's new iPhone 6) is the following:

Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services -> Wi-Fi Networking -> Turn OFF.

This setting left on just uses your WiFi as a helper for GPS location to get a faster fix (from what I read), so for now at least - turn it off. Doing so has completely addressed my WiFi issues.

Didn't help mine at all. Slooooooooow

withitnow

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
I know a few people who for some reason can't dismiss notifications manually in iOS 8 and 8.0.2.

If you swipe up a couple times and the notification gets stuck/wont disappear, press the home button once, this will close it.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Please please please fix Safari! I don't understand why that app is so buggy. I have hardly any other issues with my iPad Air but Safari is just craptastic. Copy/paste super wonky. Can no longer copy image URLs (long pressing an image, selecting copy and then pasting into the address bar no longer works, though it did work in iOS 7). And random crashes still. Does anybody at Apple actually use Safari?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Wow hope this is just during the beta.

"Fixed in iOS 8.1 Beta
The ability to automatically optimize device space is enabled for all accounts larger than 5GB."
"Photos.
The ability to automatically optimize device space is enabled for all accounts larger than 5GB."

So getting iPhone 6 16gb with the understanding that your pictures currently taking up your space will be a non-issue with iCloud Photo Lib is a bust for all the free account users. Guess forcing you to purchase more icloud space, 64 or 128 device OR move your pictures off the device.

GregJA

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
Don't hate me too much :p but what was the big deal about the camera roll being replaced by recently added in ios 8?
Appreciate anyone that lets me know :)

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so if this is going to be released in october there really can only be 2 betas if they going on every 2 weeks beta cycle like iOS 8 was.

cjzielie

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
error 17 when restoring

anyone else get this ? Ive added udid to device list and phone is saying error 17 now for 8.0.2 and 8.1:mad:

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
So what's the difference between recently added and camera roll?

IMO camera Roll makes things so much more complicated if you have multiple devices for those who aren't tech Savvy.

Recently added makes more sense because pics you took on your iPhone or iPad would be in the recently taken. That's easily explainable.

So they're changing the name back to camera roll yet for most people camera roll is a place for pics taken just from that device yet from the screenshot it seems it's gonna be a universal camera roll. If that's the case then I stand by recently added as being the best name for the purpose it serves.

If we go back to a separate camera roll for each device that would truly be disappointing.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
IMO camera Roll makes things so much more complicated if you have multiple devices for those who aren't tech Savvy.

Recently added makes more sense because pics you took on your iPhone or iPad would be in the recently taken. That's easily explainable.

So they're changing the name back to camera roll yet for most people camera roll is a place for pics taken just from that device yet from the screenshot it seems it's gonna be a universal camera roll. If that's the case then I stand by recently added as being the best name for the purpose it serves.

If we go back to a separate camera roll for each device that would truly be disappointing.
Why did some complain so loudly when camera roll was removed? I didn't follow what the issue was.

henzpwnapple

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2009
Remembering back to the old Steve days, we used to joke about something like this..

While Windows hotfix makes your PC hotter without fixing it, Apple actually make fixes that fixes problem.

I guess that doesn't apply anymore. :(

Business guy goes back to the business world and give your sales talks back to your sales world.

Don't make changes for a change, in addition, make it wisely.

orioncrystalice

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2014
I'd like to be able to segregate photos into folders (e.g. wallpaper) WITHOUT duplicates sitting in Recently Added/Camera Roll.....it shouldn't sabotage Moments or anything.....

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
That's one of my BIGGEST gripes about iOS 8, sometimes I can't even manually close them. I have to double tap to open the multi-tasking menu just to make it go away.

I noticed that in beta testing. If you press the home button when the notification comes up, it'll usually dismiss it. I know it's not practical, but until they fix it, that's how I get them to go away.

Last edited:

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
iOS 8.0 or 8.0.2 is a buggy mess that makes iOS 7.0 seem like dream

exaggeration
ɪgˌzadʒəˈreɪʃ(ə)n
noun
a statement that represents something as better or worse than it really is.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So what's the difference between recently added and camera roll?
Well, if they brought back the old Camera Roll then the old behavior of it is back rather than just having Recently Added which wasn't the same as what Camera Roll used to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.