Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_9_icon.jpg
Apple today seeded the fourth beta of iOS 9.2 to developers and public beta testers for testing purposes, just over one week after seeding the third iOS 9.2 beta and a full month after releasing iOS 9.1 to the public. As a .1 upgrade, iOS 9.2 will mark the second major update to iOS 9.

The fourth beta of iOS 9.2, build 13C5075, is available as an over-the-air update and through the Apple Developer Center. Public beta testers can download the update over the air. Apple has also released Xcode 7.2 beta 4.

Earlier betas of iOS 9.2 included changes to the Safari View Controller, which is what allows a pop-up Safari window to be used in third-party apps. In iOS 9.2, Safari View Controller supports third-party Action Extensions, letting apps like 1Password to be accessed in the Safari view of other apps like Tweetbot.

Safari View Controller has also been updated with the ability to long tap on the Reload button to reload content without content blockers and it now supports the request desktop site function. The second iOS 9.2 beta improved Safari View Controller further, introducing support for dismissing it with an edge swipe.

Along with improvements to Safari View Controller, iOS 9.2 also introduces Arabic support for Siri, support for AT&T's NumberSync Wi-Fi Calling feature and it includes bug fixes for iCloud Keychain, Apple Watch syncing and pairing, audio quality when streaming to stereo systems, and more.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth iOS 9.2 Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Downloading now!

Only joking - I am not part of the Apple Beta Software Program.

Dephibio

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2013
Mine is 13C75 on iPad and iPhone. Developer beta.

Thanks for clarifying this. I've already edited my post. I'm subscribed to a service that sends me an e-mail every time there's a new iOS release. This time, they've reported a build number of 13C5075. Looks like their service is not as accurate as advertised.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.