Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macheet

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
I've already jumped ship. Got bored of ios, took a stab at android (galaxy nexus) and I am liking it so far. So much you can do with it. It's, shall I say.....fun. I was missing that feeling. ios6 ain't that appealing

slicata

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
Passbook

New (to me) link in Passbook to App Store, but getting "cannot connect to iTunes Store" when following that link. iTunes store / app store working well otherwise.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Whoa, YouTube is gone? (not that I care, I never used it)

Combined with Apple using their own maps app, this seems to be setting the stage for a break from Google.

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
Hmmmm i was getting the error as everyone else before with " unable to update " after i turned on wifi and connected to a local work WiFi hot spot - my device now says im up-to-date.

Any thoughts?

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
I AM SO HAPPY THEY REMOVED YOUTUBE!!! That app was crap, and m.youtube.com is so much better. I hated being ripped out of Safari just to watch a video and then have to go back!

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I've already jumped ship. Got bored of ios, took a stab at android (galaxy nexus) and I am liking it so far. So much you can do with it. It's, shall I say.....fun. I was missing that feeling. ios6 ain't that appealing

That's nice... /s

macrumorschamp

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2010
Tell them the truth - that you're an iOS developer using a Beta product on your development iPhone. Tell your friends to contact you on your other phone - your personal phone.

That's true? Correct?

Get off your high horse. Who gives a crap (besides yourself) if he uses it on his personal for and not for development reasons. And I swear, people like you, your heads would blow up if you couldn't point out repetitive things to everybody all the time (like the memo for TPS reports in Office Space). Just like everyone else, we are all aware that we take the risk of running into issues and losing data. It doesn't need to be pointed out EVERY TIME someone makes a comment about running into a issue using it every day. You would be here a lifetime doing that. Besides, he may be field testing for all you know. Stop assuming. And lastly, this message does need to be pointed out to you and everyone else like you, because you won't stop otherwise.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Whoa, YouTube is gone? (not that I care, I never used it)

Combined with Apple using their own maps app, this seems to be setting the stage for a break from Google.

I don't see a complete break from Google, Apple will keep only what they essentially need. Is Apple going to create a search engine too? Maybe they'll switch the default search to Bing. :p

Last edited:

mollermanden

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
Had to switch off WiFi

As so many others reported I got an error while searching for softwareupdates. Switched off WiFi, did a search, Bingo! switched on WiFi again and I'm currently downloading the update...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

i may do the same, ill still have my 4S and my iPad 3 to fill my iOS "needs" but its time to try something new on the smartphone front. saw jelly bean on my friends nexus the other day and i loved the look of the UI. seemed very polished and uptodate unlike the outdated feel of iOS (iPad is still the best tablet however)

back on topic ...

eek that status bar is still around

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Jeezalueeza, I hope YouTube is gone for good -- I don't use it much but I always prefer the m.youtube.com version. Now I don't have to turn on restrictions to get rid of it lol.

Maybe Stocks is next?

RRmalvado

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
I AM SO HAPPY THEY REMOVED YOUTUBE!!! That app was crap, and m.youtube.com is so much better. I hated being ripped out of Safari just to watch a video and then have to go back!

You've had the ability to set a Restriction and disable the Youtube app.

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
I have a weird glitch. I am unable to search for the update with WiFi on, but when the wifi is off - the beta 4 shows up - however i cant download it over celluar lol WTF.

BigZ243

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
New (to me) link in Passbook to App Store, but getting "cannot connect to iTunes Store" when following that link. iTunes store / app store working well otherwise.

Same here. I can also confirm YouTube is gone. Hope Google releases the Android version of the App soon.

ronm99

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
The silver lining of Apple removing the YouTube and Google maps apps: perhaps Google will submit better versions to the app store!

That is a huge silver lining to me. Personally, I like a lot of things about Apple's new Maps app, but I find that its maps are not nearly as detailed or nice to look at compared to what Google has been able to do (this is especially true in Japan where Apple's maps are awful).

However, having both Apple's and Google's map apps installed, and having them compete against each other is a huge improvement over the decent but stale Maps app that Apple has been using.

yukycg

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
I'm not sure this is a bug. Messages uses your Apple ID email address to sync your messages with all your iOS devices and your computer (Mountain Lion).

Is there an option(or tweak in cydia) to turn this sync feature off in ios 6? like the photo stream option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.