Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
When I go I into the Genre tab in the iPod it says I have no music. WTF? I do, and every other list shows it all. Ugh. What's really weird is that it worked after I installed this release and only now has stopped seeing my music.

Same issue here on both my iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
This has been mentioned before but I'd thought I'd post a screenshot:
Notes requiring 10.5.7

Attachments

• notes require 10_5_7.png
    notes require 10_5_7.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 572

DELLsFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009

225007-iphone_3.0.jpeg

Continuing a pattern of biweekly releases ... blah blah blah ...

It's been two weeks since the last seed? It seems like only yesterday since the last one ... Well ... before we know it, 3.0 will be here and we'll all be wondering when 4.0 is going to seed ...

;)

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Wouldn't it be sick if apple busted out the premier of managed copy for bluray at WWDC through itunes?

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
The thing about Blu-Ray is that it will probably die as a medium. Sony had the field alone but never got universal release from the producers. Now it seems more likely that downloads in a 1080 environment (or even 720 as the cable types would like to have it) will take over. Why disc? FCP to drive is equal or greater than blue-ray.

Philpo

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
When I go I into the Genre tab in the iPod it says I have no music. WTF? I do, and every other list shows it all. Ugh. What's really weird is that it worked after I installed this release and only now has stopped seeing my music.

I had this in the previous build. You even go to General>about and it shows you have all your music on your phone! The ipod does seem very buggy atm. The way I got around it was by opening ipod whilst the phone was connected to my Mac. Hope this helps!

brianus

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2005
Quick thing I noticed - it no longer lets you sync notes - it says that syncing notes requires OSX 10.5.7 or later...

But how did notes syncing work before? This has never been explained anywhere as far as I can see. Does it stash them in Mail.app? In the "On My Mac" mailbox? Does it grab from there too?

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I had this in the previous build. You even go to General>about and it shows you have all your music on your phone! The ipod does seem very buggy atm. The way I got around it was by opening ipod whilst the phone was connected to my Mac. Hope this helps!

No the other lists all have music in them. I just can't sort my music by genre.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
The thing about Blu-Ray is that it will probably die as a medium. Sony had the field alone but never got universal release from the producers. Now it seems more likely that downloads in a 1080 environment (or even 720 as the cable types would like to have it) will take over. Why disc? FCP to drive is equal or greater than blue-ray.

With the recent trend of cable companies imposing caps on bandwidth and charging people astronomical amounts of money for going over said caps, I find it difficult to believe that we are anywhere close to an era where true HD quality video will be available for download on the internet.

I think that blu-ray will continue on for people who care about the quality of the video and audio that they consume, at least until the next storage medium is made available.

What we find on iTunes is vastly inferior to the quality of blu-ray content and for obvious reasons.. apple has to pay for the bandwidth that downloads take up and if half hour tv shows were 2 GB each, they'd have to charge a lot more for them to cover their costs. Not to mention how long they would take to download at the store's current speeds.

For a storage medium, I agree that blu-ray will die as we see new formats and more and more folks relying on larger hard drives for storage of DV footage (like your FCP example), but I think it will exist for quite some time in the realm of content consumption.

edit:

Back on topic.. phone is syncing now.. it appears that the restore was successful

coopersm

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2005
pioneer head unit issues

I downgraded from 3.0b3 to 2.2.1 in order to get my iPhone working with my car's headunit again, it's a Pioneer F90BT, does anyone else have a similar HU or one that wasn't working that works with 3.0b4?

Else I'll upgrade and try it myself, report back and probably have to downgrade again, yay.

I am in the same boat myself. I reverted to 2.2.1 because up to beta 2, I was unable to connect to my pioneer HU. I would be very interested if you can successfully connect to yours with beta 4.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

I disagree. First, 1080p takes a lot of bandwidth. Some people in urban and suburban areas have access to big pipes, but the majority of broadband users are stuck around 3-5 mbps. Second, there are millions of rural dwellers than can't even get "high speed" broadband. They are stuck at 1mbps or slower. That speed would make 1080p downloads painful. Third, as the demand for larger data files increases ISPs are going to devise a way to limit bandwidth. Time-Warner may have aborted it's "measured service" idea, but some hybrid will develop. Hard d/l caps are coming.

Add to all of this, the largest portion of the population is baby-boomers, who grew up with physical media and have an affection for it. They also are the ones mostly likely to have big screen TVs (55" and up) where 1080p is going to make a difference.

At this point, the problem with ANY HD movie medium is that when HD costs 2-3x more consumers are unwilling to pay for it. The same was true when CDs first came out (My first CD cost $20. The same music on cassette would have cost me $12.) as well as DVD (My first DVD cost $32. The same movie on VHS was around $18...not that I would have bought it on VHS, I would have rented it). HD media (all varieties) have to come down in price more. People are not willing to pay a premium.

Blu-Ray is just experiencing a slow adoption rate, but then again, so is HD in general. Look how many channels are not HD, not even fake HD. Eventually everything will catch up and Sony has shown to be very patient when it comes to seeding standards. Heck, Memory Stick is still kicking. Memory Stick!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Wouldn't it be sick if apple busted out the premier of managed copy for bluray at WWDC through itunes?

Only if it also busted out a new version of DVD Studio Pro that could burn FCP projects to BD-R. Watching BD on my computer doesn't really get me excited, but being able to edit my HD video footage in FCP and then burn it to a physical HD medium like BD in DVDSP does.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Bluetooth audio seems to cut out alot now.

It was really good before.. now audio is cutting out constantly, every few seconds to be precise.

hopefully they fix it in beta 5

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
But how did notes syncing work before? This has never been explained anywhere as far as I can see. Does it stash them in Mail.app? In the "On My Mac" mailbox? Does it grab from there too?

that's exactly how it works...

hopefully the new way will be OTA and not require me to dock my iphone.. you'd expect it would be a part of the mobileme service

bearcub76

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2009
No problems

I have to say I've not got or had any of the problems/bugs that others have reported on here. Plus I prefer having the volume control missing.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
wifi interferes with bluetooth audio in beta 4.. if I cut off wifi or run in airplane mode it is perfect again.

Good to know that I can at least use it as a bluetooth ipod :)

bikr

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
Oddly enough.. I did an Update , not a Restore and it worked!!!! I always test it out and usually it fails beta 1 2 and 3 were fails.. Beta 4 Update worked no problems..

Things I noticed:

New iTunes does a call back to Apple before the update is applied.. (old versions did the call back via the iPhone after the update which would PSOD phones that weren't on dev program..

Timer didnt' seem to be activated on update as some have shown with restores..

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I'm looking Forward to having Blu-Ray drives in macs. I hope this is coming soon.

bbadalucco

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009

Yeah you are right...it probably will in 10 years so lets not worry about it now.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
quick question - have they added support for multiple email signatures yet? This would be so easy and make such a difference to dual users (same iphone for business/personal). Please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.