Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
Be nice if Lion just allowed Wi-Fi to work without the now infamous drops

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
10.7.2 is a bug-fix/optimization update and the separate iCloud installer is for iCloud, right? Or is the 10.7.2 update only for iCloud in addition to the iCloud installer?

10.7.2 and iCloud are two separate things - 10.7.2 is prerequisite for iCloud, it (10.7.2) doesn't actually bring iCloud support. The two are kept separate because I'm sure Apple has clients who say, "hey, I want an update but I don't what iCloud" for a variety of reason (security etc). 10.7.2 is a pretty hefty update going by the size of the leaked builds so far (combo size of 10.7.1 vs. 10.7.2).

One thing that has been lost is the release of Safari 5.1.1 update 3 which probably corresponds to a Mac OS X 10.7.2/Safari 5.1.1 launch with iTunes 10.5/iOS 5 probably being released at a similar time - although Apple might just release iTunes 10.5 before iOS 5 to get everyone updated and upgraded.

Edit: If you are having issues with your WIFI then please tell the forum what your hardware specifications are and the setup you have in your home - simply whining about something with no context tells me you're more interested in whining than actually looking for a solution.

Last edited:

donklaus

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
Infamous or not...

Infamous ? I have no problems with WiFi.

My 2011 MBP had rock-solid wifi connections until I did the upgrade. Now wretched connectivity, unless I'm on my home wireless 5Ghz channel (Airport Extreme).

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
If you are having issues with your WIFI then please tell the forum what your hardware specifications are and the setup you have in your home - simply whining about something with no context tells me you're more interested in whining than actually looking for a solution.

Hey don't tell me I'm "whining" about the Lion Wi-Fi issue just because it's not affected you, because you're connected by ethernet, or because you've been lucky and/or living under a rock.

Try taking a look at the 46 pages of this Apple discussion, or the 35 pages here, or here, or here, or here, and many other places too.

I just bought a 27-inch 3.4 GHz iMac, and it's great, except that Wi-Fi doesn't work without dropping every few minutes, or seconds, even. Turns out it's a Lion bug.

Basically, if you're getting the evil Lion Wi-Fi drop, the best current workaround is to use Terminal to ping someplace, or just your router, every second, to keep the connection alive (though even that doesn't work sometimes). There's a lot of people waiting for the Lion update that will hopefully fix this maddening issue, oh yes and "whining" about it, too.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Am I the only one that sometimes gets invisible icons when downloading a jpg or movie clip? It happens to me on my 2010 Mini upgraded to Lion and my new Mini that came with Lion.
I can't possibly be the only one

BlckMlr

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
Wait a second I thought that iCloud was going to be a free storage service that includes iTunes Match from all the reviews I've read and even my friend told me and he works at the Apple Store said that iCloud was going to be a free services no subscriptions as is iTunes Match did Apple change their minds and now going start charging for streaming your own music?

Also if anybody updates to 10.7.2 let me know how it is because from all the reviews I've read for Lion I don't want to install it until they get out all the bugs so for now I'm sticking with SL.

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Wait a second I thought that iCloud was going to be a free storage service that includes iTunes Match from all the reviews I've read and even my friend told me and he works at the Apple Store said that iCloud was going to be a free services no subscriptions as is iTunes Match did Apple change their minds and now going start charging for streaming your own music?

I thought Apple said from the first announcement that iTunes Match would be $25/year, the only iCloud service that would not be free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.