Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teflonthadon

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2015
Would be nice if the bluetooth connection errors (Apple watch) would finally disappear, never had these many bluetooth troubles in iOS and macOS. And there goes the keyboard again, switching off...
Maybe that's why they haven't released the headphones yet

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
they keep saying iOS10 is the biggest release ever but i'm pretty sure the last few releases of iOS have been the most boring ever. i guess the phone industry has plateaued. the only thing i really desire anymore is dark mode which they keep failing to implement and it continues to piss me off as i have to invert colors to text at night without blinding myself

Reactions: hajali01

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
This is new.

Attachments

• IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 400
Reactions: gstevie

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
This doesn't feel like a full .1 release.
Tweaks emojis and a few iMessage effects
Yes, in a sense I agree. I'm not sure why Apple is doing this release. There's nothing major, no hardware warranting it, and as far as I can tell nothing critical to fix. On the other hand, given the history of iOS and months without even minor updates being common, I'm not going to complain.

Reactions: tigertazz

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
My iPad mini has been ruining like crap since I upgraded to iOS 10. I wonder if 10.2 might make it smooth again.

Using Safari on the Mac Rumors home page makes the mini so choppy. Other websites are not as bad, but still not as good as iOS 8 and 9.

I might try to downgrade soon.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Watchbands and Emojis!!!! Inovations at its best!!!!

Herp and derp!!!! Lame, boring, repetitive, soulless, unimaginative commenting at its best!!!

Edit:
Here; I thought of a different way to put your comment. It's equally terrible. I'm sure you'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
"Steve would never have allowed any options in watch bands!" & "Not adopting the new Unicode emojis (like Android already has) would keep Safari snappier!"
Omg, what a crack up I am.... right??
/s
Ffs. Is a 2nd beta of a .2 update supposed to bring a jillion brand new innovative features?? In what world??

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogifan

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
I hope this update fixes the [continued] hot mess that is bluetooth. I am having such significant headset connectivity issues, that I'm almost thinking I'll go wired, just to avoid the problems. I don't understand why Apple seems to have so many BT connectivity issues that go away, even with final software releases.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, in a sense I agree. I'm not sure why Apple is doing this release. There's nothing major, no hardware warranting it, and as far as I can tell nothing critical to fix. On the other hand, given the history of iOS and months without even minor updates being common, I'm not going to complain.
Plenty of fixes and changes. More than in many other updates.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
New feature: Hit the Wake button five times to dial SOS
I wonder how exactly that works. Does it send a discrete message to 911? I assume this would be used in the event that dialing 911 the traditional way would not be a good idea.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
I wonder how exactly that works. Does it send a discrete message to 911? I assume this would be used in the event that dialing 911 the traditional way would not be a good idea.
Probably the same way the watch works. Alerts emergency contacts and calls emergency services

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
I do like that Apple is putting out updates more often these days. In the early days of the partial updates you wondered if Apple even remembered they had the ability. Still, I'd like to see some performance specific updates being mentioned and not more cruft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.