Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles
This is some serious Apple apologist mentality and illogic; so because consumers may not know what TRIM is, it should be disregarded and let SSDs degrade quicker?

Inexcusable.
TRIM isn't the only wear-leveling technology out there. Most SSDs nowadays have built-in mechanisms that accomplish this task beautifully.

Does that make it ok for them to have not included TRIM support? No, certainly not.

RenoGuy

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
It's good then that there's this OS X 10.10.5 update to install.
What I find Interesting about OS X is that although the hardware and software are built by Apple, the releases seem to affect different hardware quite differently. ie: I did not "permanently" install 10.10 on my mid 2011 Imac until the .3 release. I did try before, but always went back to Mavericks. Now 10.10.4 is really sweet on the Imac, but is still problematic for some users! <strange>

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I cannot believe what I am going to say: After twenty years of Microsoft's attempts at putting an OS out the first time that works out of the box....I think that finally hit it with Windows 10.....

While I do like Windows 10, I have to say that was not my experience at all! Riddled with issues on both computers I've upgraded. Worse out of the box than Windows 7 in my opinion.

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Perhaps it's time that Apple stopped rubbing one out over the iPhone and focused on computers... or god forbid, prosumers? Everything since iOS came out has forced their desktops and OS X to take a hit.
I am changing my mind and starting to like one OS for all devices. The technology has now developed to support one OS on computers, tablets, and phones. In Apples world could go either way, iOS or Mac OS. I prefer Mac OS but that is for engineers to decide. Maybe a pipe dream.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
I am changing my mind and starting to like one OS for all devices. The technology has now developed to support one OS on computers, tablets, and phones. In Apples world could go either way, iOS or Mac OS. I prefer Mac OS but that is for engineers to decide. Maybe a pipe dream.

No, that is for the consumers to decide. If Apple goes iOS for everything, I'm never buying another Apple product ever again.

Reactions: npmacuser5

TheTissot11

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2013
Germany
Annoying thing is that even after almost a year, these morons at Apple can't fix small bugs in Yosemite. Even when someone reported them and cooperated in providing system diagnostic reports. Great work Apple, keep screwing the OS X! And Craig keep spending your time in thinking about funny ideas about keynotes at WWDC but don't look and push these morons to fix bugs in Yosemite.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Finally...after a year of waiting for OS X Yosemite to get stable and working the way it was suppose to be over OS X Mavericks it finally works.

The latest release of 10.10.5 beta sure doesn't. Safari stopped showing my Drupal admin control panel and I cannot access my Linksys admin panel. Link sys says I need cookies enabled (they are) and Drupal returns nothing. Still investigating.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
The latest release of 10.10.5 beta sure doesn't. Safari stopped showing my Drupal admin control panel and I cannot access my Linksys admin panel. Link sys says I need cookies enabled (they are) and Drupal returns nothing. Still investigating.

Safari has been updated, so you may need to re-install all of your add-ons to have functionality. Not sure what the compatibility with these, since they are 3rd party. I am happy that Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 is now working in 10.11 El Capitan, since it did not before, since the Java SE Runtime 6 was not compatible with 10.11 -- Apple has now released a new Java SE 6 runtime for El Capitan and all the Java programs like Dreamweaver now run fine in El Capitan. I just had to skip the extensions install to get the installer to work.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Safari has been updated, so you may need to re-install all of your add-ons to have functionality. Not sure what the compatibility with these, since they are 3rd party. I am happy that Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 is now working in 10.11 El Capitan, since it did not before, since the Java SE Runtime 6 was not compatible with 10.11 -- Apple has now released a new Java SE 6 runtime for El Capitan and all the Java programs like Dreamweaver now run fine in El Capitan. I just had to skip the extensions install to get the installer to work.

Actually, the 3rd Beta fixed it all. A mystery that will have to be ignored...

allanfries

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2013
Canada
Still no complaints on this GEM of an OS X. Quick and responsive with everything working as it should. Keep it Goin' apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.